Brain fog and eczema?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brain fog and eczema?

Hi all - so I'm sure the brain fog is from my body and brain trying to heal, but I'm wondering how long that lasted for folks on here? I've heard anything from a few weeks to months, soooo...maybe it just depends on the person.

The eczema is something I'm wondering if anyone else had when they quit drinking? My mom has always gotten eczema on her hands and hers has been acting up so could be just the weather. But I've never actually gotten any til just now when I quit drinking. It's not horrible, but it's annoyingly all up the sides and back of my neck. You can't really see it, but I can sure feel it, ugh! I tried googling it, but couldn't seem to find anything that related the two.

Thanks for any feedback/advice!
    I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
    AF on: 8/12/2014

Brain fog and eczema?

I think it depends on how progressive the damage is. Clarity of thought, focus, motivation, goal setting etc usually start after week 2 in my experience. The fog especially in the morning time does linger for quite abit. I don't know much about eczema though. Most alkies tend to have candida. You may want to get that ruled out . Good luck with ur journey
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Brain fog and eczema?

Spammy spam aside, thanks you two! Lizker, I looked up some things online and will be keeping that in mind. And Jane at least it isn't just me! It got worse for a little bit, but now it seems to be getting better so I'm not completely panicked. It's also on the parts of my face that I sometimes rub when I'm stressed so it could even be an allergen I picked up outside and then rubbed all over my foolish face over the first few days I was quitting!

Comment

Brain fog and eczema?

Hey Lavender,
        I had quite the brain fog in early sobriety - especially the first few months. Didn't start clearing up for me until around month 4ish? There are still days where I feel that brain fog coming back but it's lots better then what it was in the beginning. It's great to know that our brains are finally healing up after years of abuse.
        With regards to the eczema - I agree with Lizker, I would try and get eczema ruled out. With the flare-up it might just be your body getting the toxins out of the skin in that way. If it isn't THAT bad, or doesn't concern you that much just keep an eye on it and see what it's like in a couple of weeks. When I first quite I had terrible night sweats, brain fog, break outs, things like that...all because I needed to get that BS out of my system.
        Keep at it! x

Bri

Comment

Brain fog and eczema?

Briseus, yeah - the fact that my brain's fogged up now is something else driving home to me how badly I need to quit. And you're very right, it's good to know it's healing now.

Will definitely keep an eye on the rest, though. Cutting out AL and soda I'm sure my body is still trying to balance out a lot of things. Just because I feel like this first week has lasted forever (and not only in bad ways!) doesn't change that I was abusing my body for years and compared to that a week really isn't all that long! Thanks for the support and thoughts!

Comment

Brain fog and eczema?

Update; it's definitely going down. Either it ran its course or it's because one of the sites I looked up about candida (thanks again lizker) recommended probiotics. I used to have to take acidophilis pretty regularly for some...female issues...so I decided I may as well go back on it a while. Makes sense that my system would be wonky so why not take something that I know has helped me before?

Comment

Working...
            X