Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few of my friends picked up that phrase, probably from a meme somewhere; but it's hitting me right this moment in terms of not drinking and having better boundaries.

I've got a friend messaging me that I know is jealous about the time a third friend spends with me. The reasons friend #3 spends more time with me is that I never pressure him to, I never try to "make him" do things to spend time with me, soooo yeah, he'd rather spend the time with me.

I was trying to think of a good way to say that to the middle friend and I realized...no, no that's not my job. If friend 2 and 3 want to get together and sort their stuff out, more power to them. Right now, it is 100% more important that I stay sober than I let myself get dragged into drama and playing peacemaker. And right now, what I want is a quiet day not dealing with things that really aren't my problem to fix anyway, darn it.
    I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
    AF on: 8/12/2014

Good for you.
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Sounds like an Al free brain talking! Our quit is priority number 1!
      Great job! And Stay Hard!
      AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Working...
      X