Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

I am new to this forum. I live in Europe. Male. Age ~55. Married. No obvious psycho-social problems. There may be alcohol induced depression, and I have always felt - from childhood - very little confidence in myself, almost mild sociophobia, which is explicable. Still though professionally I have been successful.

I have been drinking for ages, never during day time but late afternoon/early evening. At the moment I am trying to titrate Baclofen up I am at 4*10mg per day and alcohol down, usually around 1,3 pmille, rarely less than 1.

My main problem at the moment: I just can't make it to stay away from beer, some liquor, and light fruit wine. I am beginning to feel less interested in drinking, though. My mood is cold, sometimes a little aggressive.

In order to be able to sleep ~10 PM I take 2.5mg Zolpidem. In the morning there nowadays is NO hangover at all. I feel fresh and sober from 7AM onwards. This was never the case before.

The only unwanted side effect: beginning anorgasmia. Very irritating.
    I wonder if this scheme titrating B up and A down will work and would be interested to read experiences from others.

Best regards to anybody who reads this. Thanks for your attention.:thanks:

Hello

Welcome to Mwo. You probably will have a good chance of feedback if you post on the meds forum. Are you looking to mod or stop drinking?
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Hello

Welcome, Fall. Meds thread may be a good resource for your Baclofen questions.

Topamax, Campral, Baclofen and Other Medications - My Way Out Forums

Best,
      Pie

Comment

Hello

lizker;1699444 wrote: Welcome to Mwo. (...) Are you looking to mod or stop drinking?
        Thanks a lot.---

Preference: mod ~ less than 0.5 per mille.

And if this should not work (as I just might miss the rush of being drunk) I'd rather stop ... and look for psychotherapy on a longer basis; maybe support group.

Comment

Hello

Hi Fall,
          Did you check out the meds thread? I believe there are people that can help you with the titration. I was on bac awhile back, but didn't have success with it. Please be careful as it is a real drug that if not taken properly can do what any other drug can do...The best thing I found to help with my depression, anxiety and most physical and mental issues was abstinence from alcohol. It's taken me a long time to accept the fact that I could no longer drink, that I wasn't a normal drinker, and that when I do, I will regret it as there's nothing good that comes with drinking. Only bad. So I hope you stay and read a lot on this forum. There's a lot of information that can lead you to a better life. Welcome.
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
          X