Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could This Gene Make You More Likely To Be An Alcoholic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you didn't see this article from the other day. At least you can say that science is looking into ways to reduce to impact of this disease going forward for future generations (and for some mice I guess too) ....

Could This Gene Make You More Likely To Be An Alcoholic? - Forbes
    “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Fascinating read - thanks
    In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Thanks for posting this STL!
      Interesting that our genetic makeup could be half responsible for our developing alcohol dependence or alcoholism. I've always felt strongly that the other half is likely emotionally dependent. Long term, unrelieved depression was a key factor for me.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Wow. This is worth following. All of us are already painfully aware we are "at risk" , but as the article suggests, if in the future, there is some predictive method of pointing to this risk in our children...

Comment

Working...
        X