It is working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is working!

I have been coming here regularly since 5/19. Tonight my husband and I, who recently entered marriage counseling, had a discussion which I got very upset about. Usually I would drink a whole bottle of wine at home. I immediately thought of a drink, said no, took some kudzu and L-glut and went down to a local restaurant because I needed to get out for a bit. I did end up ordering a small dessert and one glass of wine and water. Drank most of the water first, slowly sipped the wine, had absolutely no desire for more, came home and have no craving, even with an open bottle of wine in the refrig (my husband opened it Mon). It has got to be the cds - I'm only on day 3 of topa. This is amazing. Hallelulah!

It is working!

Hi louise what a feeling..well done

Cassy

Comment

It is working!

i would have grabbed that bottle by the neck and done one of two things

poured it down my throat (no glass required)
      poured it down the sink

it would have been a split second reaction. note i did not say decision.

well done louise, remember that feeling that you made the choice :goodjob:

Comment

It is working!

Well done Louise, what a feeling it must have been to be that much in control.

L
        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

It is working!

Awesome Louise, It is a fantastic feeling isn't it? Next time you feel slightly tempted, just remember this feeling of empowerment.
          Amelia
          Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

It is working!

Awesome,
            Glad to here it not on topea only cds and sups, so i hope it was the cds, on day 10 today , but day1 of sups etc hoping it will make it eaiser. you go girl.
            ACCEPTANCE IS A POWERFUL THING

Comment

It is working!

Good on you!!!!....Glad to hear the program is working for you....
              :boxer:Failure is NOT an option! :boxer:

Comment

It is working!

Dear Louise,

So glad you are going to counseling and that the CD's and topa are helping you through. GREAT JOB!!

Identifying your triggers are a huge hurdle in the task of finding and maintaining sobriety.

Hugs,
                Mary

Comment

It is working!

Well done Louise, so nice to hear that the program is working for you.
                  Suz
                  Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

It is working!

That is great Louise! I noticed a difference with the CDs as well. Time to listen to them again....
                    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

It is working!

Thank you all so much for your support! It is a beautiful sunny day and I feel fabulous! And I am going to celebrate by taking all my vitamins, exercising, eating healthy and not drinking! And maybe going shopping for a new outfit even though I have not lost any weight! P.S Hubby and I are speaking and even managed to have a laugh this morning. I asked him to please drink that open bottle of wine in the fridge just in case it might become tempting and he happily agreed to do so.

Comment

It is working!

Thanks Loiuse, you inspire me and fuel my hope.
                        Hugs,
                        imatree

Comment

It is working!

Thanks for sharing your experience, Louise. I truly believe success at this battle has to do with a combination of healthier living, counseling, and the support of the wonderful support of the MWO community. Congratulations!

Julie

Comment

It is working!

What a huge success! You are an inspiration. Thanks for letting us share in your celebration. You've got it now - exercise, good nutrition, feeling great - that's the magic recipe (plus a crapload of garlic, of course - re: Determinator).

Congratulate yourself.
                            :yougo: :yougo:
                            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
                            X