30 Day June Club,goal, Drink Less/Drunk less be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i forgot i also take milkthistle from tesco, sainsbury also do it (own brand)

Comment

crikey you must rattle when you walk, i have got some diazapan which i take a third of a tablet when im really anxious i suppose i could use that more thanks anyway. just self hypnotised myself so feeling very positive, im also going to get a big chart on the wall showing my success and let my girls fill it in for me, i think that will give me a big incentive. Its no good beating myself up because that takes my determination away so

I WILL SUCCEED
      I WILL SUCCEED ETC ETC ETC
      ONWARDS AND UPWARDS NOT SIDE TO SIDE
      AND ALL THE REST OF THE QUOTES I KEEP READING:H :h

Comment

have some more

when i am anxious, it is because i am living in the future.
        when i am depressed, it is because i am livng in the past.

Anon

whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right.

Henry Ford

the man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win.

roger bannister

Comment

Garden Girl, I'm glad to hear you are going to try some of the supplements. Especially the kudzu and L-glutamine. And please do get the cds as well. I think you will find them very helpful. I don't think I would be having much success with just will power, no matter how much exercise, support from here and positive thinking I did. Good luck.

Comment

Hi there,I've just jumped over from the newbies thread - hope you don't mind, but you sounded so down Garden Girl when I read your last couple of posts. I'm in England also and got the L-glut and kudzo from Holland & Barrett. I know the kudzo isn't as good as MWO's but I did find it made a BIG difference to me - maybe its all in the mind, I don't know, but the vits/supps really got me started with the AF days. I was very strict taking them too L-glut, kudzo, milk thistle, vit c, evening primrose. Another big help was the cds and I've noticed a difference this last week when I haven't used them!!! Hope this helps, best wishes Janicexx
            AF since 9 May 2012
            Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Thankyou louise and janice I feel better now than I did earlier and I am going into town this week to get the supps, thanks again for the advice thats whats so good about this site, you always get help when you need it.:thanks:

Comment

i'm peeved now. i was told that l-glut was not available here *pouts*

glad to hear that you're getting the sups. they definitely help

roxane

Comment

dont pout, its very unattractive lol:H

Comment

its my best expression! or at least the most used lol

Comment

zincityzen;143052 wrote: Well I'm on the fence about moderating. Just completed 32 days AF. When I was drinking, most nights I would have two glasses of wine, but two is all it takes to ruin my sleep, and I hated that that had become a daily ritual. A couple nights a week it would be 3-5, enough to make me hungover and VERY drained. My goal is to be happy and satisfied with one glass of wine with dinner a few times a week and the rest of the time to be happy sipping water, herbal iced tea, or club soda and lime.
                      Hi there Zin - I am exactly where you are as for frequncy habits AND goals. I am new here this week and made an AF night last night, after having 2 nites of stopping after 3 & 4 glasses of fine wine. The habit has disguised itself as "wine enthusiasm", but when I am up with a glass ans everyone is in bed, I know it's too much. I'm 52 and really notice 'the drain' after a night of 3 or more. It feels like it could keep me from a more productive lifestyle. The goal is control so other things/activities can be more importatn and enjoyable - bike riding, walking, things that give life. Ok, I've rambled, but your post hit a nerve.....I guess that is what happens here. Thanks for reading, friends!

G2G:agreed:
                      "Go Placidly Amid the Noise and Haste"

Comment

Hi Everyone: I'm back from vacation. I won't go into the gory details. I just want to say I'm glad to be back & on this site. Mary
                        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

Glad to have you back retteacher, we are all still hanging in here

Comment

Welcome Goto and Welcome back retteacher. Not a great day yesterday and I broke several of my rules and am sorry for it today. So I'm going back to AF for a while. Hope everyone is soing well today.

Comment

Hi everyone sorry you are having a bad day louise, dont do what I do and beat yourself up too much. I had a few bad days this week and last week. I have had a very deep conversation with my eldest girl 13 and it has made me even more determined to quit this terrible problem so that it does not effect my family. I want to try to get through the rest of June totally af, but will take it one day at a time. I really believe that it is a slow process that involves a lot of change within ourselves to successfully kick the habit we have. Over the past few months although my drinking has not improved dramatically, my mindset has. I now find that by practising positive thinking during relaxation/meditation I am able to 'pick myself up' alot quicker. At the moment my constant thought is a very positive 'yes you can do it' rather than 'i really want to do it but i am frightened of failing', I am sure it is making a difference to me. When you have children/job etc it is very hard to focus on beating the drinking when you also have to juggle so many other things as well. In an ideal world we would all be able to go off to a guiet place somewhere and just totally focus on getting well, but for most of us that is not possible as we all have responsibilities. This site is so great because it allows us all instant access to help whatever time of day.

Dont waste time grieving over past mistakes, learn from them and move on:huggy :huggy

Comment

HIya, well done to all who are achieving this month what they set out to do so far, had a few at the weekend (moderation!) but keeping up with no alcohol Monday to Friday so am feeling quite good about myself today. Am finding Sunday and Monday nights the worse - especially the witching hour of 9pm but suppose that is because I was having my wine Friday and Saturday night - ho hum. And on we go.........

L
                                Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Working...
                                X