30 Day June Club,goal, Drink Less/Drunk less be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Karbi. Many people on this site have come to that conclusion. We will be happy to try to support you in that. We all set our own goals here and when we slip up we just get back up again with the support of our friends here.

Comment

phew! i was worried that i had killed this thread dead, but not so.

karbi, i had a quick look at your last posts and see that you have been through alot. now you need to take care of yourself.

garden girl, get the kudzu and l-glut and keep your resolve, they help.

louise, hubby being away means that you can do what you want when you want to avoid the trigger for drinking (awful lot of whens and wants!) use the time to not drink, and get those clothes!

roxane

Comment

Hi roxanne I was just about to sign off, glad to see you are ok and thanks for advise I will get the supps. I just feel stressed today but not craving or want a drink at all, day4 af rolling target 13 out of 18 feel confident that I am achieving my goal. Ive been on here alot more the last few days, its nice to stick to a certain thread as I feel more connected to people like yourself. The newbie thread seem like this one. Look after yourself over the weekend. My thoughts are with you.:l

Louise If you were nearer I would do your garden for you as name suggests gardening is my thing.:h

karb set your own goal and take little steps, as long as you keep going in the same direction up the mountain it doesnt matter how long it takes to get to the top. You will get there eventually.

Comment

garden girl, soooo pleased that you're not craving, thats good.

if your ever down my way, my garden is gone to pot, wisteria is rampaging, butterfly bush (i do know the name honest but it escapes me) has self seeded, and, gosh, ground elder *said quietly* is creeping along. its depressing to be honest. and thats just the start. jasmine under a copper birch, honeysuckle everywhere. Ades answer is to chainsaw the lot! i cant see the patio for weeds. i wish i had the green touch.
          roxane

Comment

Hi roxanne, had a crave this am but only after row with hubby, not a crave as such just a crave for the peace that alcohol brings for a moment on a troubled mind.Going for another 7 miles on bike instead, in between thunderstorms. Love to do your garden but maybe not near you i am in Midlands.

Comment

So glad to hear you are doing great gardengirl. Roxanne, husband away is unfortunately often license to go overboard, but so far so good. Hope you are doing ok. I'm off for a a walk and hope everyone coming later is having a great day.

Comment

I think this thread is dying, maybe we should all transfer to the newbie one what do you all think?. Ihad a really bad day yesterday and ended up drinking 3/4 of a bottle of wine and 3 vodkas, I am sooooooooooooo mad with myself this morning. My daughters especially the eldest one is very upset and dissapointed with me as I had been doing so well {5daysaf in a row}. I told her I would only have one last night and she believed me, I have so let her and everyone down. I know Im getting better than I was, but for my family ,better to them just means no drinking at all, which is what my goal is at least for a period of time. I will now try to go for 7 days in a row and keep reminding myself that my rolling target of 15 days out of 21 af is not too bad, just wish they were all rolled together. My trigger for drinking is not social I can quite easily go out and not want one, I drink when I cannot cope with stress. Yesterday was our 12th anniversary and Fathers Day, but we rowed all day which upset the girls and I then ended up at hospital with a pulled muscle, which felt like a heart attack. By the time I got home I was so stressed I just drank which upset everyone even more. So there you go. Hope everyone else is doing better than me. :upset:

Comment

So sorry Garden Girl. I hope today goes better and the pulled muscle heals quickly. Yes, it does seem that most all of us are on the newbie thread so everyone please meet us over there. Are you ok Roxanne?

Comment

Thanks louise, me too roxanne, how are you and jump over with us to the newbie thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X