June Newbies in Need -- Day 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning. Mods for me last night. How is everyone?

Hi Ducky,
    Good morning. Thanks for starting things off. I remained AF last night by the skin of my teeth, so today is a good morning. I was in a real mood last night thought it was alcohol craving but not really so sure. Alot of little annoyances but really I was just in a mood. Fortunately I remained AF as alcohol would not have made it better. My poor hub, he was like what's wrong and my response: I AM JUST IN A BAD MOOD. LEAVE ME ALONE!! Ended up going to see Shrek 3 with my youngest - very cute and helped the mood. At any rate, I am rambling and this is way more than you want to know. Hope all had a good rest and ready to meet the next challenge. It is sunny here in the Mid Atlantic and promises to be a beautiful June day. (See, better mood.)

Comment

Evergreen, sounds like AF was a good decision for you! I know all about those moods. I heard the movie was good but not as good as the others? What did you think?

Rainy w/e here in Florida. That's ok because we need it. I guess we'll get some errands done and go to the gym.

Hope today is great for you!

Comment

Hi every one, it's a lovely day here in uk. I'm off to work now.
        Almost 4 months af, so feeling good.
        Hope you all have a good day.

Comment

Hi all.
          Feeling good despite drinking 8 beers last night. Had a disappointing Dr. visit yesterday. Asked for campral as he told me befor he'd give it to me with 1 week AF and now saying 2 weeks. If I could get 2 weeks in I wouldn't need it. Suggested I go to AA (which I hate) and come back in 2 weeks. I could have spent the money I wasted on him on kudzu. I will stick with this.
          We are having rain today. It hasn't rained since April 20 and has been very smoky from wildfires. Its going to be a great day. Love to all. Bird

Comment

it makes you wander if doctors come from another planet. they dont seem to live in the same world as everyone else *massively sweeping statement*.

its nice to see its not just us brits who disscuss the weather lol. its nice and sunny here, after the wettest may ever (i think?)

roxane

ps what is that avatar? :exclaim: :H

Comment

Hey Paula, great job on almost 4 months1

Bird, sorry about the doc visit. How frustrating.

Roxane, good to see you here.

Comment

I think my avatar is a shmoo. hey I didnt know you could order that topa stuff online without a prescrip. I saw it on one of th other boards. Anyone tried it?

Comment

Hi Everyone: I disappointed myself yesterday & drank a small bottle of wine. I wanted to begin the month on a positive, but it just wasn't meant to be. I had 4 AF days leading up to June 1. I don't know what triggered me. I know I was thinking about drinking on Thursday night, but did not plan on acting on it. I just kind of went to the liquor store on auto pilot yesterday. I'm going to keep keepin' on. Thanks for being there everyone. Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

bird;143586 wrote: I think my avatar is a shmoo.
                    thats me none the wiser, cute though.

hi ducky, good to be here. i'm posting left right and centre at the moment, i'm sure i'll settle down.

retteacher, this is a massive learning curve for all of us. sometimes it dips. i'm thinking about buying wine for tonight, yet when i think about it, i dont want it. but i'm still thinking about buying it. i just hope i keep on manual control (to use your analogy) when i drive past the shops later. in fact your post makes me more determined to do so

thanks for the reality check :h

roxane

Comment

Hey Paula, congrats on the 4 month. Bird, lots of the people who have been around for a while are using topa. Check the 30 days anyone thread and others. I just started it. Sounds like it would be helpful for you. No go with dr. for that either? Try the internet - sounds like many have resorted to that. I managed to be AF last night by skipping the whole Shabbat ritual. A bit sad, but the bottle of wine in the refrig open since Mon that hubby has promised to drink up would have just been too tempting once the table was set. Nice mexican dinner at a good restaurant, sat out on the patio. Despite learning experiences (sometimes called slips or mistakes), everyone seems to be doing well (you did the small bottle retteach not the 1.5 liter!). Have a great Sat!

Comment

Hi again,
                        Just came from Spinning class (another June goal). My luck - haven't done it in months and get the hardest instructor. Good class though I will not be able to walk tomorrow.
                        Ducky - the reviews were so bad on Shrek 3 that I went in without any expectations. Hard to be as good as the others but I still found it cute! Reteacher, I agree with the others congrats on the small bottle and 4 days AF - baby steps. I do the same thing - I start thinking about buying a bottle or even think about NOT buying a bottle and end up doing it. It is strange, even if I think Hey, I really don't want a glass of wine I end up drinking one. Why? Off to a softball game. Have a good Saturday.

Comment

Hi everyone! AF day 25 for me. Good nite, watched 2 videos. Need to start exercising((Evergreen)) u make me feel lazy :blush: ...it's going to be in the 90s today!!! That's a liddle too hot for me, unless I'm in the water. And as for my Irish husband....he burns if he looks at the sun...LOL.

Paula, Great job:goodjob:, Louise good job on resisting that wine, can it accidentally get spilled down the sink?, Mary, live and learn, you are in good company, Bird...ur doc makes me mad! I wish you could get it elsewhere. My doc gave me the samples when I expressed only mild interest in trying them, then when my husband came in he issued an rx that was enuf for BOTH OF US. He didn't insist on any AF days....like you say, if that were easy, what would we need the campral for. If you were here I'd give you the pills myself! I have had no slips and I DEFINITELY could not have done it w/o Campral. Your doc is a QUACK! No offense, Ducky and Lucky.

Comment

Congrats on 25 Hart. The wine is a reisling so doesn't usually call my name - think I can resist if I don't have other stuff. It is the good Columbia Valley reds that really gets me in trouble. In one of my last over the tops I drank all his port so will probably let husband finish the bottle.

Comment

Bird, I ordered Topa online, it took about 3-4 weeks to get here. You need to get another doctor that one really sucks. I’m sorry you’ve got jerk doc. Hang in there. I love your avatar.

Retteacher, I posted this on another link, but here goes again. Have you ever tried L-Tryptophan? It’s a natural anti-depressant for alcoholics. https://www.antiaging-systems.com/a2z/ltryptophan.htm

Louise, congrats on staying strong yesterday. Way to go!

Hart, congratulations on day 25! Great job!
                              It would be for me too if I hadn’t drank with my hubby on Thursday. (I would insert a frown here if I knew how)

Comment

Working...
                              X