The progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The progress

Stayed in last night, put a few small bets on obscure football (not 'SOCCER' for you yanks, the game where you actually use your foot for the entire game.), watched some TV, it's a good time to sober up, as instead of living in the city where I spend most of my time and noone gives a shit what you do, I'm staying with my folks in a small community, with friends I grew up with, who know everything about my past and have made it very clear what'll happen to me if they catch me buying beer! I've been on benzos for a few days, and plan to stop by Monday/Tuesday.

What I consider a brilliant invention is Beck's Blue, the non-alcoholic beer that doesn't taste like shite (for me anyway, Becks has always been my beer of choice when I can afford it, and the 'Blue' bottle tastes exactly the same). I know it's a forum for alcoholics but I reckon a lot of it can be to do with the taste, leading to psycholical reactions (I've no experience in this field).

Essentially, I need to go a couple more days before my body's clear and then get to the hard part...as someone else has pointed out, DON'T FUCKING DRINK. Some people can, others can't. Those who can't are alcoholics. My brother had the same problem, to a lesser extent, he's teetotal now and has had to sacrafice a few nights out but I actually enjoy the drunken banter even when sober. My friends, both here and in the city, are good people who understand 100%.

Fingers crossed.
Working...
X