Time to stop, yet again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to stop, yet again

It's time for me to give away my reliance on wine to get me through life. I am so tired of telling myself I am going to give up, and then picking up the glass the very next day.

So today I pledge to give up alcohol forever.

Day 1 Sept 12 2014
    Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Time to stop, yet again

It's great start ... At the right place ... We are all here to support ... Come to new bies nest we are there to support and protect you
    Rahul
    --------------------------------------------
    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
    Rebooting ... done ...
    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Time to stop, yet again

Today is a good day to start the rest of your life.
      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Time to stop, yet again

Welcome!!! Time goes quick. Today is day 327 of my new life without AL. You can be there too.
        AF since 10/20/2013
        Smoke free since 09/24/2007
        Meat free since 09/20/2008
        ---------------------------------------
        With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Time to stop, yet again

Great pledge! Looks like your not new to these rooms yet like many of us have been, stuck in the viscous grips of the beast.
          Get yourself in these rooms and read,read post and read!
          Good luck you've come back to the right place I'm my opinion.
          AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Time to stop, yet again

Thanks Rahul, beagle, my luck, and Matt. I appreciate your support

Day 2 and so far so good. Need to watch myself for the irritability that is sure to hit...
            Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

Time to stop, yet again

:welcome: hazeleyes! We've all been down this road, some more than others.... There is no magical way, just hard work and determination along with a plan and a toolbox to back up the plan.... It's only one day at a time, so keep coming back....everyday!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Time to stop, yet again

Hi hazel and welcome. Keep on here and post and post and read and read. Spend as much time as you did drinking on here. Do whatever it takes to not drink. get rid of all al out of the house. Everyday is just another day not to drink. once you have done those 7 days it does get a bit easier. You need to be accountable, determined and honest in this journey to be af and at the start of the journey it is so hard but as time goes on it is wonderful to be sober everyday. Life is great!
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                X