Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JUNE NEWBIES IN NEED - DAY 4

Good Morning Everyone from Sunny France,

I have taken the liberty of starting our June thread off today, even though I have been absent since the "May Newbies Thread". I hope you haven't forgotten me - it's me "Blue". I took some time out for the long w/e, then due to one thing and another (children sick, etc, etc.) never got back, but here I am now. I see that we have loads and loads of new friends here, so HI :l to all my old friends and a "HI, I'm so pleased to meet you:l " to my new friends, this is the place to be.

I'm starting out on AF day 29 today, I never thought I would get past day 1! but I've taken it one day at a time and thanks to the help of all my special friends, I'm nearly at the 30 day step, yipeeyyyyyy.

I haven't had time to read all the posts but everybody seems to be doing really well and those of us who have slipped up from time to time it's not too disheartening because you just pull yourselves back up and start again, amazing.

Janice a huge, huge congratulations to you for reaching your 30 day target (some time ago), well, well, done, :goodjob: are you still on the Newbies Board or have you moved? (Please excuse me if I have missed anyone else who reached the 30 days, please let me know....)

The feeling one experiences in the morning after having survived another night AF is still just as amazing at day 29 as it was on day 1, it's brilliant, no blackouts the night before, no panic attack, no guilt, no bruises, no hangover, the list goes on and on. doesn't it? This feeling is a much better "high" than the false alcohol "high", there is just no comparison.

Anyway, don't want to blether any more so congratulations to all who have achieved another day of their goal and please jump back on and try again those friends who didn't quite make it, we are waiting for you.

Good Luck today, have a great day.

Bluesky XXX
    It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Hey Blue!

Glad to have you back!

Pre grats on hitting 30 AF days!

Belated grats on Janice hitting her 30 days!

Today is day 15 for me, and I'm feeling better every day. This weekend I spent without my BF as he was having a guys weekend. Previously I would have gotten hammered at least once, but this time I didn't feel like going near the bar. In fact I stayed in my house almost all weekend reorganizing my office and spending WAY too much time playing computer games. Today I'm at work rested and ready for the week instead of worrying about my next drink.

Since I have made it 15 days, my new goal is 20.

Have a great day!

-Lorelei
    Suddenly I see
    This is what I want to be
    suddenly I see
    Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Hi Blue & Lorelei: I give you both so much credit for your continuing sobriety. You are my role models. I've had 3 awful days, but I've recommitted this AM. I'll be going away for a week w/no computer access but will be thinking about MWO & all of you out there. You've given me the strength to admit my problem & work on it one day at a time. Thank you all, Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

AF Day 27 for me! I can see 30 from here :H My weekend was full of allergies. I was on line w/some great MWO members between taking allergy pills and conking out. Here I am sober and able to stay awake late but I keep taking these darn NO DROWSINESS pills, and boom they always put me to sleep! But enuf about poor lil o me...LOL

Bluesky, I bet it would be hard to abstain in France, so great going, you'll hit 30 tommorow, WOW!!!!

Lorelei, I'm sure you will make it to 20, and hey, maybe 30? :goodjob:

Mary, you have been have a time of it, well today is a new day, beginning of week and we are with you all the way. I know you go to your parents soon, but we will be thinking of you and rooting for you!

Comment

Hart,

I wouldn't be suprised if I made it to 30 but I'm setting small attainable goals just to get my self esteem up, I'd let myself down so much in the past that I need to get my mojo back.

-Lorelei
          Suddenly I see
          This is what I want to be
          suddenly I see
          Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

(((Lorelei)))

Hey, I can read your mojo from here. Reads good. Must be straightening it out!:goodjob:

Comment

Hey Lorelei, Retteacher, Hart, and gang, I've missed you all, it's so good to be in touch again, glad to see that you are all doing so great. Retteacher you are doing really well, you are so, so strong, you just keep bouncing back and keep trying again and again, wow, that's strength for you. I think the one day at a time attitude is great, it certainly works for me, I would never have the courage to say I'm going to be AF for more than a day at a time, aghhhh. Good luck for your next week, try some brisk walks, I've found that really helps - loads of exercise, walking, running, swimming, with some brilliant music plugged in - you really can't beat it. Good luck Mary you can do it, we are all with you. Lorelei, brilliant, congratulations on AF day 15 - fantastic and you were home alone?? even more fantastic, you are half way there, keep going. Hart congratulations on AF day 27 - day 30 is just ahead - you will make it now you are on the home run, wonderful news. Hart were you struggling with weight issues? I'm not sure anymore, but if so, help, I've been so good for the last 29 days, eating healthily, no alcohol, loads of exercise and I've only lost 6 lbs. (I thought it would come rolling off) what's wrong, is it the supps? What do you think? Any advice would be grateful. Got to check out now and go home to my other job, homework, cooking cleaning, etc. will speak tomorrow, good luck everyone, have a nice day/evening.

BS X :h :h :h
              It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I am new and AF for 8 days. Bluesky, you are so right about feeling so much better. One thing I used to hate was waking up way to early and then laying awake with huge anxiety. Why did I do that to myself. I am shooting for 30 days AF. Have the gigantic purple black eye though that is a constant reminder. When it finally goes away, I hope I keep my resolve because eventually something embarassing will just happen again...as we all know. Sure is a gloomy day in Massachusetts today, but I will get alot done once I get off this site.:H

Comment

Islandgirl, congrats on 8 days AF! Way to go. Have a good day and treat your self to something nice, you deserve it.

Comment

i was feeling better, but i mucked it up after day 6, yesterday. tomorrow is another day as scarlett said in gone with the wind!

Comment

G'Day
                      Congrats to bluesky and lorelei, wish I looked like the girl in blueskys avatar ( what on earth IS that word?, I hadn't heard of it before coming on this site) Ha, now I don't only admit to the world via the internet that I'm a drunk, but I expose my intelligence level too :H
                      i am AF for June so far and I think approx 3 weeks for the end of May. Now May has gone off the drink tracker I have kinda forsaken it in my counting. But I'm basically thrilled with how far i have come since ordering that MWO book from Amazon. Thank you all my cyber friends from such exotic locales...does WA mean Washington? I can lose myself in this forum for hours and thats hours I'm not drinking, so it's all good!
                      Jane:thanks:
                      Jane :heart:

Comment

GREAT JOB Jane. Congrats On the AF days!!!
                        bear
                        What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                        ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Working...
                        X