Just back from run... Day 13 Hooray!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my God! Its Day 13! I feel totally amazing today.

Just got back from my run/swim with my daughter. Its been wonderful.

Last night I felt very vulnerable and this second Friday night was just as hard as the first. But I woke up this morning, so proud of myself that I resisted the cravings.

I literally fought them off.

Writing my journal, and coming here is reminding me every day, that my sobriety, like my children and my wife are the most precious thing in life.

Sorry if i'm repeating myself guys, but your support and knowing I have people here to get me through this is helping me so much.

One day, I will feel ready to not be the one who needs the daily help, and will be able to channel my energy into helping the others on this site, who are going through such terrible heartache, sorrow, pain and personal turmoil.

I am not ready for that yet, as its such early days but every day that goes by I feel stronger and more determined to leave The Alcoholic behind.

The Loving Father and Husband is coming up to the surface and swimming more strongly every day.

There is no way he is going to pulled under by the Alcoholic, only to drown again. No Way.

x Thanks everybody for your incredible support. One day I will repay you. x

Mus, Day 13 was a game-changing day for me. Something clicked in my head and I knew this was something I COULD do! I am so happy for you! Keep up the great work!
    Drinking is NOT an option! Hugs to you, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Matt you are most likely helping people right now. How much reading did you do before actually signing up and making a profile at MWO? Your posts and your journey could be just the encouragement that someone needs to decide, maybe I can do this.

I am so happy for you! I was just thinking that you're getting close to the 2 week mark. Great job! And in typical fashion, the nights can be difficult, but the mornings are amazing! Waking up without a hangover and without guilt and remorse is awesome! Keep putting one foot in front of the other, one day at a time, and pretty soon this will become your new normal.

Comment

Hi, Matt:

Sort of the opposite of drinking where the mornings were miserable and the evenings were "great." Not really, but that's what we said to ourselves.

So cool that you ran and swam with your daughter and that you're feeling so great. I agree with Fly that you are definitely helping people NOW. That is the beauty of a sober community like this - we are helping each other show that sobriety CAN be done, that it is not easy, but that it is worth it.

Thanks for sharing your story...

Pav

Comment

Congrats. Please keep going! whatever u do. I was a days ahead of you and decided to try again one last time. I have in hell since that day. Starting day one today.
          Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Onya Matt! Keep it going.

Often, my only way out is through, in the early days of sobriety. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

So Matt, is this Day 14?

Comment

Working...
              X