Day 3 : If I can get past this one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have completed 2 back to back AF days! If I finish today with none then that will be the first time I have gone 3 days in at least 6-7 years! The program does seem to be working. I am not doing the prescription meds, just the supps,cds, diet, and minor exercise.

Good luck to all those that are also going AF today!

:goodjob:
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Congratulations Iced, what a great job. It's a great feeling isn't it. I'm on day 4 after more than 10 years.

We rock!
      If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

good job iced and rotrod. I will be thinking about you to keep it up.
        Here we go again.

AL FREE since Saturday the 14th of March 2009

Comment

Hi iced really hope you start wednesday feeling fab if you do your goal of another AF day...keep busy today...you can do it..good luck cassy

Comment

I'm going to try for 1 AF day.

Your post has given me hope that I, too, can go at least one AF day, then maybe two, etc. Good luck and I am starting today (June 5) at Day 1.

If I make it, it will be the first time in over 10 years myself.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I am on day 2 today (5th June) but feeling pretty rough (am sweating lots and feel jittery) I hope this will go away soon. It will be over 7 years since I went this long without a drink, hope to make another day tomorrow. Good Luck to us all ...

Comment

You all scare me if you are doing cold turkey after several years straight of drinking you should be under medical supervision or you could have horrible hallucinations and seizures. They usually start after 2-4 days of cold turkey. If you have been drinking moderately over the years then you don't have to worry. If you are experiencing strong withdrawal symtoms like sweating and jitters, lack of focus, then you could be in danger. Doesn't the MWO book go over this? (I haven't gotten a copy yet, but plan to soon). You can get medication (usually benzos) that will help with the symptoms and protect you from siezures. Then if you are healthy otherwise, you can probably do the cold turkey thing at home (the medication makes it not only safer but much more comfortable, with far less symptoms. I know because I've done it many times without and a few times with the medication). There is information about this on the internet-- google detox or alcohol withdrawal.
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Best wishes to all of you. Please post tomorrow to let us know how you are doing.

Comment

keep it up, you are doing great!!!!
                    Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Good luck everyone, but do take care, Beatle does have a point, re. detox.

Comment

well. I am a little foggy, but no shakes yet. I was sweating quite a bit when I woke up this morning, but honestly that has become normal for me for some time now. If I do happen to get the shakes real bad then I will head to the hospital. 7:21pm my time. I have 7 more hours to go before I am in the clear for day 3. I plan on listening to some hypno shortly and that will kill about an hour itself. I really have a TON of work to do as I am behind several days, but I am just focusing on getting through tonight right now and will deal with the work in the morning. My stress seems to be real high at the moment which is why I think listening to the hypno is my next best move! Keep trying and moving forward with the plans for another AF night all!

Comment

Good for you Iced and I am very happy to hear that you are aware of the serious withrawal symptoms and monitoring them.
                          Please keep checking in...
                          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Made it day 3 and I can say that I am still not really believing it. No side effects other than the sweating when I wake up, which is probably my body detoxing itself. Today is a swamped day for me at work so I imagine I will not have a lot of time to think about it. Tonight after work will be challenging but probably not as much as last night. Now to accomplish day 4 of AF and also day 10 of being cig free, both of which have been unaccomplished in a long time!

Keep trying and moving forward to all of us here!

Comment

Hey Iced, CONGRATULATIONS!!! DAY 4!!! Conquering the drink and the smoking...double whammy!! Good for you Wow!! That takes some serious will power, I admire you for that, as well as everyone else who has gone the same route How are you feeling? You seem to be hangin in there pretty well..good luck today with all the stress of work, I have not heard the hypno cd yet, but maybe it may be a good idea to bring it with you in those times of 'ugh, get me out of here' kinda moments....sortof like your own 'calgon take me away deal' I just finished day 4, thankfully it was a day off...but my day 3 was definately in need of something just to take me away .. So back to work day 5....I'm going to bring my mp3, already loaded with favorite songs to tune everything else out !
                              Good luck today, keep an eye on yourself, and take it easy....the day is yours!!! see you at day 5
                              4ever

Comment

Working...
                              X