Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new starter

Hi all
    I am new here ,I am in the UK, I have decided todAy is the first day of the rest of my life. I am sick of waking up and hating myself. It's day one and I am going to try and take control of AL . I am going to take one day at a time. I have tried before but then lost focus and forgotten I was cutting back ,once I have that first glass of wine that's it I just keep going. So here I go day one it's going to be this evening when it will get hard to resist .I've ordered the book.and have taken a Kudzu and milkthistle. I have got to be strong.

Welcome New Starter! You've come to a wonderful place. Be sure to read and post . You'll find a lot of support and wisdom here - a lot of people who understand what you are going through! You may want to visit the Newbies Nest, where many just beginning (and many veterans) post regularly about their journey. Good on you for making today a change for the better - you will never regret not drinking!
    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Welcome kuchykoo!

Spend a lot of time here today and read everything you can. You will find that there are a lot of stories just like yours. If you haven't visited the Newbies Nest yet, that's a great place to start, you will find people at all stages of their quit. Don't be afraid to ask questions or share your thoughts and feelings, especially when the witching hour comes.
      11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Hi Kuchykoo,

I am a new restart too. I found myself drinking wine every night. Not remembering going to bed. Today is day 2. I feel really good. join me in the newbies nest and do the roll call day by day. You can do this.

meshell
        ?Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.?

― John Wayne

Comment

Welcome Kuchy!
          I know what you mean when you have that first sip- the wonderful first sip where you can taste the sweetness of the vanilla tones and the finishing oaky flavor. It's a small sip- the mouth is slightly numbed, and your shoulders relax with the knowledge that the second sip is soon to follow. When the glass is empty, you can either:
          A. Place the empty wine glass in the sink or
          B. Casually refill the glass. After all, it was a long day and you deserve it, right?

Well, Kuchy, I would have chosen B, hands down, no question.
          Most of us here think of wine as if it has a sweet personality worthy of praise and adoration. We forget the headaches, the purple teeth, the weight gain, the morning fog. We pretend that our missed deadlines and half hearted efforts are due to old age and stress, when in reality, we know that it's because of drinking.

Yes, we can choose to go through the motions everyday, or we can stop the madness and make a life change. It seems like it's a hard choice right now, Kuchy, but if you give it a try, I promise you will thank yourself. :hug:.
          Patty
          "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
          so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
          :hug:

Comment

Welcome, Kuchy. How are you doing today? Hope well.

Comment

Hi all
              Thank you for you kindness and support its lovely to know people are out there who care and understand.
              First night ..... Had a few weird dreams!!! Think that's common
              Kept myself away from the sitting room where I usually drink alongside my hubby.I know t h is isn't feasible in the long run

Comment

Welcome Kuchykoo - good for you for getting through your day 1! There are a lot of habits you will need to break - make sure you get a plan in place for what you will do instead of having that drink. Having a substitute drink on hand is always helpful. Make sure you eat plenty and reward yourself - I had ice cream every day! Everyone here was sick and tired of being sick and tired - it is not easy but after the first couple of weeks it gets much better and then after that even better and it does get easier. Stick around and like others said, check out the newbies nest thread too - it is a good one with lots of support from people new to their quit and people who have been around for quite awhile!!

Comment

Welcome Kuchy. I am starting my Day 2 today too. Have had a lifelong battle with beer. I totally get the first sip greatness turning into massive regret and a half-hearted life. I look forward to getting to know you

Comment

Hi kuchykoo! You did well by not sitting in the same spot. That is the kind of technique that the toolbox is loaded with. You should check that thread out if you haven't already. Quitting drinking is not about deprivation at all. We are depriving ourselves of true life by drinking it away. I promise you will never, ever regret quitting. Great job on day one!
                    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Hi Kuchykoo, I too am a newbie, also in the UK, and also a (hopefully!) former victim of the evil of wine. I am on Day 5 now, after hitting my rock bottom. Let's stick together and win this battle.

Comment

That sounds a plan twinkle !
                        I felt proud todAy but little things made me waver seeing alcohol represented in TV film and drama- people being normal and happy around alcohol.and my brain saying "see it's not bad" and work colleagues that speak fondly of going home to have a meal with wine or to the pub, but I quickly pushed this yearn away ,remembered to take a Kudzu and got busy doing stuff ! I took the dog a walk and started cooking the dinner ---that was difficult cooking without drinking but I made sure I had some nice sparkling water ,now the "witching hour" seems to have lapsed and I am strong again and feeling solid.
                        We can do.it

Comment

Hi, KK
                          This might be a useful thread for you: https://www.mywayout.org/community/sh...+glamorization.

All the best, NS

Comment

Working...
                          X