Sleep Sleep and bonding with son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleep Sleep and bonding with son

So today is day 3 for me. I noticed that instead of drinking wine and passing out, then waking up around 2 or 3 am, i am sleeping through the night and am getting the best restful sleep ever!!! I also do not have any liver pain or gall bladder sounds in the morning. I feel refreshed and very happy!!!

Secondly, my 17 year old son and i layed in his room last night and he told me what a perfect childhood he had. We reminisded on old favorite books i used to read each night to him and his brother!!! In my usual drunken state, i would have been passed out at night and not present to hear his words. I am truely grateful for this!!!!

NO wine, better time!!
    ?Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.?

― John Wayne

Isn't it amazing how we can enjoy the simplest of things when we're sober!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

My youngest is also 17 and has been a lifesaver for me.

I'm grateful that he is forgiving and has been supporting in my AF journey. He has never thrown a guilt trip at me and when I've expressed my remorse, he's made sweet jokes and encouraged me to stay sober. I do not want to disappoint him. He is a fine young man, in spite of my shortcomings.
      "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
      so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
      :hug:

Comment

Working...
      X