DAY 1 for the hundredth time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAY 1 for the hundredth time

Sorry I have been gone for a couple months, losing myself in the wine bottles. more and more every night.. I think I am getting drunker a lot faster and without any warning at all every single night this week! ((((( Today is Saturday and I have had enough! Today is day 1

Welcome back, WMM!

I'm sorry you went back to all that drinking - alcohol is a crappy friend.

I hope you join us in the Newbies Nest, and may I suggest you read through the toolbox and start thinking about what will be different in your approach this time?

One thing that someone suggested when I first came here was to write in as much detail how awful I felt. If I ever think "well, I can have just one, can't I?" I can always read back and remember that in fact, NO, I can't.

I hope you are taking care of yourself today. I recommend a detox bath with Epsom salts and lavender. Seems to really help.

Stay close - we're here to help.

Pav

Comment

Hi wmm2! Welcome back, and lets not have a 101 day 1 okay? Nothing good comes from drinking, nothing! Get on the Newbie's Nest, read, post, ask for help, whatever it takes. You need to find what works for you, and stick with it, there is all kinds of support here to help you stay on the path, but it has to start with you. :hug:
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Welcome back Whitewashmom! Maybe you would like to join us over in the Newbie Nest roll call and I can give you your 1st (would it be your first?) 7 day award?
        I think I am finding myself doing some marketing for Prize Patrol Brydie!

Just look forward Whitewashmom, leave the past in the past (it will be safe there) and get through tonight without any wine.
        You can do it, it won't be easy, but every day you will feel a bit better about yourself.
        Stay close!
        (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Welcome back whitemarsh mom. I'm sick of it too too many relapses and day 1's so lets support each other.

Comment

Hi Whitemarsh mom:
            I too have fallen in the wine bottle lately. I missed my morning meeting and a gym session due to the wine I had last night. It is starting to cost me and needs to stop.
            I will join you in the newbies nest.
            See you there,R4L
            Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Working...
            X