Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extremely tired muscle aches symptoms of detox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely tired muscle aches symptoms of detox?

Day 7 extremely tired, nightmares, muscle aches just thinking this is part of the process ? Anyone relate to this ?

Hi Sparkles

I was bone tired when i stopped drinking but i put the crap into my body for years and years so it was time i listened to what my body was telling me, i had to let it heal. i napped when i was tired as i found if i waited until it was my bedtime i was overtired and could not sleep so i napped after work, stayed awake till i was tired again and slept. Things settle down after a few weeks. I had atrocious headaches for 5+ weeks but also i went with my body. Its a process for sure and you will feel better after a few weeks. 20+ years i abused my body and i just had to accept that this was as it was. look after yourself and be gentle with yourself especially.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Originally posted by sparkles143 View Post
      Day 7 extremely tired, nightmares, muscle aches just thinking this is part of the process ? Anyone relate to this ?

Quite often people who have been abusing booze for a long time can suffer from P.A.W.S (Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome) This can last for a long time. Like everything, everyone is different. If you google it there is information on it in abundance.

Hang in there...... Summer

Comment

It's absolutely normal,sort of like when you've had the flu and your body is starting to repair itself after the illness,i like Ava get the horrible headaches! just rest when you can,take your vitamins,and stay the hell away from al,great job on 7 days3 more and it's double digits
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

And LOTS of dreams. I had those.

I recommend B vitamin and a good soak in a bathtub with epsom salts and lavender.

Hope you feel better.

Comment

Working...
          X