Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Love lettesr to your future" - lurkers, please read.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Love lettesr to your future" - lurkers, please read.

I'm in a reflective mood tonight so I decided to go back and re-read my very first post on MWO. I had forgotten exactly what I said, but I will never forget that night. The outpouring of love and support was astounding. I do remember that I mentioned in that post that I had been lurking and reading for years and was hoping to become sober "by osmosis." Yes, years!! I received so much good advice that night, but the following reply has always stayed with me. So for anyone still lurking - please read these words of wisdom. and consider giving us a try. You will never regret it. This is the true spirit of MWO.

"MossRose.....I only just saw your thread and once again it struck me how lurking as a guest NEVER gets you sober.I did it for a couple weeks, then sank back into the bottle until it got so bad I HAD to join in properly...... I knew in my heart and soul it was going to destroy me. It reminds me of people who study psychology HOPING it will help them overcome their psychological issues by LEARNING about it in others.

3000 people, on average, visit this site EVERY DAY. I would hazard a guess that many, like you, HOPE they will get sober by reading.

It just doesn't work that way though.

The power of writing out your intention, your problems, your history, your fears and SHARING them with fellow human beings has this amazing effect on the pathways of the brain. Addiction is powerful but there is ONE thing in life MORE powerful ......COMPANIONSHIP.

Drinkers keep other drinkers drinking. Sober people keep others sober. A drinker can come here and read forever and NEVER get sober......just like I can now go to a party and NEVER want to drink !

So in spite of the length of time you feel you may have spent here reading......you have only 'been' here a couple days. It will be hard at first but in just a few days you will be a new woman. Post, post and post some more. Write down the longings of your heart, they are love letters to your future." ~Kuya

Love letters to your future. What a beautiful phrase. I took this advice, and I posted, posted, posted. To anyone still lurking out there. please don't waste another minute. This is the kind of wonderful advice you can look forward to. Hoping that you all find the peace you deserve.

xx, Moss
    Last edited by MossRose; December 12, 2014, 10:25 PM.
    Everything is going to be amazing

That is a beautiful post, Moss. It makes me miss Kuya even more but I know she is enjoying her sober life.

Comment

Interesting Mossy
      after reading your post, I looked at who was on the MWO site; 52 users on line: 40 guests and 12 members.
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hi Sam. I have noticed that on any given day, guests outnumber members by a large margin. Hoping that one day we can turn that number around. Nice to see you.
        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Thanks so much for sharing this. As I've said before you are part of the foundation in these room's. .
          AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Very true MR.
            I did the same as you, and many others. I read and read, and left and drank.
            In fact, I purchased the online book 2 yrs ago, but forgot until I purchased it again now- wake up call.

I joined immediately and have very much seen and felt a difference. I feel connected. I feel others have gone through, and done similar things. Have been ashamed. I also feel accepted.
            I belong and have support that understands.
            Thx everyone !! BG

Comment

Originally posted by MossRose View Post
              Hi Sam. I have noticed that on any given day, guests outnumber members by a large margin. Hoping that one day we can turn that number around. Nice to see you.
              Hey Mossy
              good to see you around as well. I hope all is well with you. Been in and out of the nest and have read your posts with interest. good on you!!
              Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hi,

My name is Pavati and I was a lurker. I thought that I didn't need to contribute to gain what I needed from reading all of these great posts - but it is SO different to participate and connect. As people here know, I am a private person and was afraid to join, but once I did it was like a huge weight off my shoulders.

Give it a try! What have you got to lose?

Thanks for posting that, Mossy. I was a lurker when Kuya was active and I always appreciated her posts.

Comment

Working...
                X