Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody Hard Work AF on Boxing Day

Bored - telly rubbish - wife enjoying a glass of wine

Hard work staying dry so thought I would drop in here for a read and some moral sustenance

At the family get together yesterday my niece announced she is pregnant with her first

Cue massive celebration which inevitably started with a cork popping and drink being poured out for a toast

I managed to decline making myself unpopular and left out

They don't know how much of an issue drink has been for me and I am not going to brak my quit after 16 months

Hard this being different isn't it? Keep on keeping on:heartbeat:

Yes, sometimes it is difficult.
    But last night I realized that I had finally gotten thru my first party with NARY a wince or yearn. Not once did I long for the good old days. THAT is freedom and it only comes with time and distance.
    We are sensitive about AL, but there are lots of people who cant do stuff everyone else can. Diabetics who cant eat sugar, peanut allergy folks, the gluten intolerants. We are not the only folks that have stuff that is off limits. Try not to fall into the pity party. Instead, I am so proud and happy to be free of the burden of AL. It was a horrible time in my life that I have NO desire to repeat. Stay strong and congrats on your 16 months!!!!!
    Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

That's why I come here - your experience is invaluable - you understand

Tough but not impossible and at 8am this morning setting out for a 6 mile run I felt that the world was on my side

I felt the opposite last night and it's been tricky again tonight but no way will I come this far to cave in now

Happy Holidays

Comment

Molls maybe he had too much respect for his mum and waited till you had gone to bed.

Free congrats on 16 months and yep i feel like an outcast at times but better than feeling like a raving alcholic and embarrassing myself and having all that crap that goes with drinking. I was organising lunch at xmas and i thought back to a drunken xmas and they would have been lucky to have been given a plate let alone with food on it.

Be very proud of your achievement, i am!
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
        X