HOLIDAYS and temptation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOLIDAYS and temptation!

OK, I think I made it through the first Holiday week AF! What a challenge....AL coming at me from all sides.....lots of parties, and company.....

Last night was the ultimate test. The whole family, including nieces and nephews went to a crowded bar type place for dinner. The beer was FLOWING!
    At one point my nephew asked me to "hold" his ice cold bottle of beer.....NOW that is asking a bit much!!!! :eek-new::eek-new:

I did go off my usual club soda routine, and splurged on a craft ROOT beer...YUM!

Made it through, not even tempted........SO PROUD and relieved....

I hope everyone made it through the Christmas party season AF!!!

Next up - New Years! <sigh>
    Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Great job new page!! Aren't you proud of yourself? Think of how different you'd feel if you have in and drank,yucky! Holidays are difficult, commercials don't help,I keep seeing all these ads for yummy sounding drinks, everybody is all happy in them,blah blah blah, I never drank for taste anyways, although I did buy some redds strawberry ale once,hmmm, drank it,threw up all over the downstairs bathroom, hubs sent me to bed and had to clean it up now that would make an awesome commercial haha,stay strong my friend, New year's is just another Wednesday nite,I'm just gonna treat myself to a lot of junk food
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
      Great job new page!! Aren't you proud of yourself? Think of how different you'd feel if you have in and drank,yucky! Holidays are difficult, commercials don't help,I keep seeing all these ads for yummy sounding drinks, everybody is all happy in them,blah blah blah, I never drank for taste anyways, although I did buy some redds strawberry ale once,hmmm, drank it,threw up all over the downstairs bathroom, hubs sent me to bed and had to clean it up now that would make an awesome commercial haha,stay strong my friend, New year's is just another Wednesday nite,I'm just gonna treat myself to a lot of junk food
      Absolutely Pauly! I am so proud of making it through, and know I would feel awful if I gave in to the temptations last night!
      Advertising really makes AL look glorious, everyone is having fun and looking beautiful as they are drinking on the commercials. Same way it was with cigarettes years ago.....you could not be glamorous without a cigarette in your hand!
      I think AL will go the same way as tobacco a few years from now......people will start to realize how dangerous and addictive it is and we will see more non-drinkers.....

And NY can be a day to treat ourselves, won't have the empty AL calories.....or expense....Maybe some lobster would be appropriate with the junk food??? :happy2:
      Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Comment

Working...
      X