Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi im new

Anyone i can talk to?

Hi Mmm6! Glad to see you found us and joined! A great place to get started is the Newbie's Nest, under Just Starting Out, but there are lots of great people who will see your thread and join in! Any one of us is more than willing to talk with you, just go ahead. Welcome again!
    Last edited by abcowboy; December 29, 2014, 07:42 PM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi Millymolly, welcome to MWO. If you are looking for a busy support thread I would suggest you post in the newbies nest thread which is also in this section of the forum. Feel free to let us know a little about what is going on. This is a safe place. It takes a lot of guts to post here, especially the first time. Sending you support!
      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
      AF 11/12/11

Comment

hello MM welcome to mwo. as Pine suggested head over to the newbies nest, always someone to talk to.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Welcome MMM6!
          I see this is your first post & wondering how you are?
          I know it IS weird posting in the beginning, I remember that very clearly.

How can we help?
          There is a chat interface here as well, not sure how active it is though?
          (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Hi - Im new too :welldone::welldone: so I hope you enjoy the experience as much as I do
            Watch this video Anyone Can get Sober Video if you think you can't get sober
            :newhere:

Comment

Hi There !
              I'm new too - on here a while back but things havent changed - had to come back
              and get serious

Comment

Welcome Blue Eyes! I hope 2015 is the year that you want it to be.

I think I read that you have 2 children? If there's any reason to "change"... it's for them.
                Hugs, Patty.
                "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
                so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
                :hug:

Comment

thats for sure - i have a 14 year old daughter who is home with me - I want to
                  see her get married and not fall into the same waste of time path i went down!

Comment

Hi all newbies - I'm new too. I wish everyone well as we start our sober journey!

Comment

Welcome to all starting your sober journey. 2015 is your year

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started."

Mark Twain
                      “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Hello to all newbs. I'm shambles...I'm a newb too!

Comment

Welcome to everyone here! The great thing about MWO is that there are no rules to abide by. You can simply read and when you are ready, you can post here, start your own personal journal, post on the newbies nest. The important thing to know is that you aren't alone.

Starting a new year, and knowing that you need to change... well, "we" can help you. At any given time, there are at least 10 people on this forum from everywhere in the world. There's someone here to "listen", to help you process what's happening, to offer a cyber hug, and to encourage you to follow your heart.

Peace and hugs from sunny South Carolina. Patty.
                          "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
                          so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
                          :hug:

Comment

Wow - so nice to see so many new members here. Welcome! When I started out, there was a group of us who all started together. We supported each other, and eventually became friends, and I'm happy to say that most of us are still here together today. My advice would be to band together, lean on each other, and look to those who have made it to the other side for advice. There are a few angels who have been sober for years, yet stay with us to help us find the way out.

Kudos to all of you for joining. Milly - there is always someone on MWO who will listen. Just c'mon back and tell us your story. xx
                            Last edited by MossRose; January 2, 2015, 09:17 PM.
                            Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Welcome new members. Keep coming back and reading and posting. We are all here to help each other. What a great time to start getting sober. Let's do this!

Get through it day by day. Take it in small chunks and just don't drink today.
                              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Working...
                              X