Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need help

DidItForMe;145632 wrote: Happy Birthday Rachel:

Looks like you've given yourself thebest gift of all just by coming here and opening up. Do try to read the book, it's got a lot of great info. Keep looking around these boards too. There are so many people here from all over the world who know what you are going through and will be able to help and support you through this journey to get you your life back. Again, hope you find much happiness on this special day and welcome to MWO!!!!
    hey thanks i think this can help its good to b honest 4 once!
    :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

i need help

Hi Rach, welcome. You have made the first step, keep going... Toddle through some old posts, you will find great inspiration and awe inspiring stories to show you that you are not alone in this. Read as much as you can, have a look at 'what we are reading' for some great ideas of what to read (join your Library if money is a bit tight), I find that reading passes the hours and helps to keep my mind from thinking about alcohol (sometimes anyway). Read again all the advice you have been given above, they know what they are talking about. Good luck and keep posting.

L
      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

i need help

tea;145909 wrote: Hi Rach, welcome. You have made the first step, keep going... Toddle through some old posts, you will find great inspiration and awe inspiring stories to show you that you are not alone in this. Read as much as you can, have a look at 'what we are reading' for some great ideas of what to read (join your Library if money is a bit tight), I find that reading passes the hours and helps to keep my mind from thinking about alcohol (sometimes anyway). Read again all the advice you have been given above, they know what they are talking about. Good luck and keep posting.

L
        like shania twain then? thats my favourite song , thanks for the advice, hope u is ok, im gonna b late 4 work again!!!

Comment

i need help

DidItForMe;145632 wrote: Happy Birthday Rachel:

Looks like you've given yourself thebest gift of all just by coming here and opening up. Do try to read the book, it's got a lot of great info. Keep looking around these boards too. There are so many people here from all over the world who know what you are going through and will be able to help and support you through this journey to get you your life back. Again, hope you find much happiness on this special day and welcome to MWO!!!!
          thanks , not the worst b day , i quite enjoyed it4 once xx hope u is ok xxxx

Comment

i need help

betty boop;145443 wrote: Rachel Hi & Welcome ....

Happy Birthday ......

Last year I started drinking before work too .... My hubby drinks after work and can control it but I cant ....(or should I say couldn't)

I started off by being honest with my family and asking them to help. Reduce it gradually .....But stay positive, and please keep us posted .....
            Have one less can everyday .... You CAN do this ....

Love & Hugs, BB xx
            hey thanks i appreciate it an well done to u hon xxx

Comment

i need help

Hi Rachel,
              Welcome.
              As you've probably gathered, there are lots of amazing people here, some of whom have been in your shoes.
              I hope you find what you need.

Comment

i need help

hi thanks 4 the message, i drink carlsberg an brandy, none of this wine i cant stand the stuff, ey unless its desperate, hope all is well

Comment

i need help

hi r u af or still tryin , xx

Comment

i need help

Hi Rachel, Welcome. You've come to a good place. Read the book from RJ that started this site and do the suggested supplements, etc.

You will do great.
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

i need help

Hi Rachel, welcome to the Board.

I am taking the supps and my daily vitamins; nothing else for me. The best help is being around all these wonderful people who truly inspire you and give you the support you need to help you on your journey. It's not going to be easy, but admitting it outloud that you have a problem does really help, and having people to talk to about it who are going through the same helps even more.

So, welcome and good luck!

Comment

i need help

Happy B irthday to you..maybe this day signifies small changes on the road out of the hell hole???
                        Maybe try to not drink before work...slap on the makeup and face the world...see if you can get through work without the booze.

it rots your self esteem as sure as sure people notice at work and so do the customers!!!

Dont try to do it all in one go but i would suggest no booze before work or during the day for the next week or so.
                        Start looking after yourself....get fit, eat better, get to bed earlier. cook good stuff...clean out your wardrobe,,,,,,,,,,,,,get a new look..lots of ways to occupy the evenings instead of boozing.

Boozing gives me dehydrated tired skin, broken veins, lank hair, flatulence!!!weigh gain and a lack of SEL RESPECT.

Just Have a great Birthday and imagine how you would like to live the next year and get the goals going today!!!!

Cassy

Comment

i need help

Welcome Rachel and Happy Birthday! This place is great so stick around - it's not an easy journey giving up the drink, but all the people here really make that journey so much easier.

Keep us posted on how you're doing!

Comment

i need help

thanks im realising that its not jus me, an im realising i got to do this, even if i fail a few times im gonnab bit closer to gettin there ey,

Comment

i need help

thanks babes, i got through a birthday wivout passin out fallin out or crying wa hoooo thats a 1st since i was 13, thanks 4 the advice i know im better when i havent had a drink b4 work ,,untill about 12 prob when i sober up from nite b4, i know i can do it cos theres been days i havent remembered 2 stash any away 4 morning an i can do it, if its there tho i ll drink it, bf is wising up, i told him bit of whats goin on an he heard me open a can at 8 in morning an i think it clicked, thanks hope u r well xx

Comment

i need help

thanks to u, it is good to talk ey,

Comment

Working...
                                X