Finally starting to feel human again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally starting to feel human again!

Here I am on day 57 and just starting to feel normal again - like the world doesn't revolve completely around my quit!

Today my mind seemed to be able to think of other things, like shoveling snow......
    Took the dogs for a walk, very short as it is very COLD out there...face had a Slurpy headache!
    Pulled out the old Wii and did some stepping....

I am really hoping this energy is a sign of good things to come.....

Hope everyone had a great AF New Year's weekend!
    Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Awesome New Page
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy New Year, New Page!
      "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
      so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
      :hug:

Comment

I love feeling "normal" not constantly thinking about alcohol. Being anxious about drinking, not drinking.
        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Great job on day 57! Iam a few days behind you. Being AF is a Very freeing feeling. You start to dream again, make plans, get new ideas, motivation and drive that you never thought you'd ever feel again. All of a sudden you want to finish your master's degree, start a business and have 2 kids at all at the same time....lol. it only gets better.
          Last edited by lizker; January 4, 2015, 09:48 PM.
          Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

New Page - good for you with your success. I like the phrasing that "the world doesn't revolve around my quit". I can relate very much to that and it does feel great to gain confidence and that sense of sober legs around the two month mark. I found complacency and the 'is this it feeling' a few months back around 11 weeks and thought I'd go back to moderation. That didn't go so well, so as I'm getting to that same mark again, I'm mindful that it is only getting better being sober and am grateful as time continues to provide this clarity and strength of mind.

It's good to feel and be as we're intended again, and what we know now is we're not missing anything by being AF. Best to you with your new perspective and the renewed energy and focus that you're enjoying.

Comment

Working...
            X