Hello I am and oldie but newie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello I am and oldie but newie!

Hi there, I have re-registered under a new name for several reasons none of which is important enough to bore you with, I was mauritiusdodo before so hello to anyone who remembers me

I am on day three today, decided that 2015 is going to be my year and I am 100% committed to achieving and maintaining a sober life.

Last year I turned 45 and realised that I have been drinking too much (aside from during two pregnancies when I didn't touch a drop) for about 20 years :egad: I even managed to shock myself with that realisation and though I continued to drink after my bd (in July) it was with much less enjoyment and a constant sense of unease and disquiet, I started to worry more and more about all the negatives of drinking, not to mention my weight gain, overspending, bad moods etc... and knew the time was coming for me to quit for good!

So here I am, once again, hoping - no- KNOWING that I want and need this to work.

Look forward to catching up with everyone and meeting new people in the same boat

Hi crazy, i remember you! Lovely to have you back again. I totally get the knowing and realisation of drinking too much and needing to change, i always wanted someone else to stop for me but that wasnt going to happen and didnt. You have made the right choice to come back. Newbies nest always a great place and lots of old faces and new ones. Sober over a year now and loving it!
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

I remember you too, Tracy. I don't post much these days, but I am totally and finally committed to never drinking again. Like you it just wasn't fun anymore and was slowly killing my spirit. I'm 24 days free today and intend to keep on going. Glad to see you here. Let's do this together and make 2015 life-changing.
      You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Hi and thank you both of you for the lovely welcome back I have been so busy today I haven't even thought of having a drink and I am just about to have my dinner then planning to do some crochet, makes a nice change from wondering when I can have my first drink!

Comment

Hi there - welcome back!!! It truly is worth doing - here is to 2015 being your year!
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Welcome back. This is your year.
            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Welcome home, Tracy! I remember your dodo avatar. I'm looking forward to seeing you around here! Using the tools and support here is the game changer.
              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
              AF 11/12/11

Comment

Tracy, one is never to old to start anew, welcome back!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks all for the replies, I am on day 4 today and feeling really good, have been reading a couple of quitting drinking books and gathering ammunition against my AL self that I can use if I have any weak moments but honestly I have never felt so determined, my son has been driving me mad since I picked him up from school and normally that would have sent me texting my hubby to bring me wine but I haven't felt the urge! Looking forward to doing some crochet later and another early night although I woke several times last night and didn't have a very good sleep

Comment

Welcome back, Crazy Tracy... I'm Patty and I'm crazy too. I've been AF since February- my uncle was a drug/alcohol counselor and he once told me that it takes 5 - 7 years from the time you think you may have a problem until the time you do something about it. Hopefully, you have finally found the strength to quit!

Hugs. Patty
                    "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
                    so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
                    :hug:

Comment

Hey old friend......so glad to see you back. I often wondered about you. I think I remember we are birthday buddies.....let's get ourselves to the next one sober and healthy!
                      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Of course I remember you not gonna call you crazy though haha,I'm glad you're back,I've had a horrible pattern of quitting/starting too and I agree it just quit being fun I began isolating myself, all intention of cutting loose and listening to music, being a goofball vanished after a few beers, just wanted to go to bed and wallow in self pity!I had some thoughts today after an argument at work, lack of sleep,other things, but just kept myself busy by starting a compost pile of all things haha,hey man,whatever it takes, I don't have patience for crochet(or talent)but good for you,great job on 4 days,the al is out of your system, keep it out
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X