Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO SUGAR is Turning 2!

Dear dear NS

Happy 2nd birthday lovely lady. You are my idol and my leaning board, the one i can rely on 24/7. You started me on this journey when i could not get the oomph to pick a date. You told me to get that date and give it a go and you would be there for me and you were and you still have been.

I am so proud of what you do on here and your 2 years sober. I love you NS and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

xxxxx
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Wow, 2 years!!!!
    I also really love you, NS. You have been such a strong and compassionate source of support, wisdom and information for me and for so many here at MWO. You have reached out to me and held my hand when I've been really down. You have believed in me at times I didn't think it was possible to move forward, when I've been convinced I couldn't do it. I am so grateful to have you in my life!! I hope you have a wonderful celebration, dear Lady!!

Comment

Congratulations NoSugar! Two years wise! What an achievement...how's it feeling?:victorious:

Comment

A www just great NS and I echo everything said above
        Xxx
        Pat

Comment

Congratulations NS!!! I am so happy for you! Your wisdom, support and friendship have been invaluable. We are so much richer with you here. I always look forward to seeing your posts. Many happy returns!!!
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Happy 2 years NS - congratulations. You are a true inspiration and I am very grateful for your advice and encouragement. (And, I am much more aware of my sugar intake too!). Have a fabulous day!
            Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

When I read this, I thought of you NoSugar

you are showing us how's it's done! Congratulations on 2 years!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

So much for being the first to congratulate you! You gotta get up pretty early in the morning to get a party jump on a bunch of us!!! I couldn't be more proud of you.... It set me to thinking.....in rhyme.

NoSugar dropped into the nest, for a comfy place to hide.
                She soon realized it was safe and warm.. and then she did confide,
                "I need help from this awful beast, can you lend a hand?"
                We all reached out and pulled her up, safely on dry land.
                She read and watched and learned and wrote, then gently found her way.
                Polite and pleasant, she always asks, "How are you today?"
                This gentle soul has shown us all what it means to give
                To celebrate our ups and downs and really how to live.
                And so my friend its really nice to see the life you lead,
                and teach us all to progress on..... in thought, by word and deed.

Love you, Byrdie
                Last edited by Byrdlady; January 24, 2015, 09:32 AM.
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie, could you please put that in the Limerick thread, it was awesome and I'd hate it to get lost in moments past!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hey - NS - what a great day for you!!!
                    Congratulations!

BeachGirly

Comment

So then Available said, Feck, Byrdie, you shoulda put some Fecks in there! Mick got busy and wrote this for us!!

Then along came No Sugar,sayin what then shall I do?
                      I wanna stop the feckin booze, but aint a feckin clue.

Drinking all this crappy ale is breaking me to bits
                      And wakin up with a bangin head is getting on me t.ts
                      So we gently scooped her up..and softly said
                      “there there”

Concentrate more on quittin drink and learnin' not to swear!
                      “Hey gang” she says thats pretty cool, the aim is pretty clear,
                      And as for givin up swearin ...what a feckin good idea!
                      But despite all the ups and downs, to your quit you stayed true,
                      So from all of us big hugs and thanks...thanks for being you!
                      Last edited by Byrdlady; January 24, 2015, 09:31 AM.
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!! No Sugar, what an awesome accomplishment!

Comment

NS, congratulations on two years. You have a special place in my heart. Your posts have encouraged and helped so many. Thank you for all you've done for me.:heartbeat:
                          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

NS, I'm elated to help celebrate your achievement! It's such a gift to know you!

Pie

Comment

So very happy for you NS! Thanks for being such a steady force here on MWO. I have always appreciated your input and insight very much. Congratulations on this fantastic achievement!

Comment

Working...
                              X