X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations NS!
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

NS - Congratulations on hitting the 2 year mark! Quite an achievement and one to be extremely proud of. I've always found your posts to be among the most insightful since you cover all the bases and have a plethora of info to share. Your comments provide support and encouragement, as well as the science, chemical and physiological aspects associated with why we're all here. And you do so in such a supportive way that I know I'm always learning from you.

Thanks for sharing all that you do and for being a great example here on this milestone!

Comment

To my Sweet friend NoSugar....You've got an incredible gift and I am grateful you have shared it with so many of us here. Thank you for digging in and finding life-changing information that helps to shatter the myths and misconceptions about addiction. You have made a difference in many, many lives.

And, of course, Congratulations on 2 years of healing and health! There's more where that came from and there's no doubt you'll get every bit of it.

xoxo
        Last edited by Turnagain; January 24, 2015, 01:39 PM.
        Sober for the Revolution!
        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Congrats on 2 years NS!! Thank you for all that you do around here, one of the backbones of MWO in my opinion, keep it up
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Congratulations lovely lady.
            Always love your posts - and get quite excited when you come to visit the Army barracks (usually to scold us for sugar overload) :haha:
            I echo what Molls says - your kindness and generosity in the form of support & sharing information is brilliant.

Enjoy your day :hug:
            Sugar free cake I made 'specially for you

Comment

A wonderful achievement, Sugarbabe.

J x
              :hug:
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

not a grain of sugar went into this. spot the veggies.

your input into mwo is invaluable No Sugar. thank you.

Comment

NS ..WELL DONE ..Im rubbish at baking ..so no cake hence the poem...

so have a good night and be of good cheer ,

youve won the seegar for your feckin 2 year :hahaha:

well done to you

:sendflowers::dancegirl::shout:

just had to take one of the smilies out...the smilie cops got me!!!
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

NS - thank you for being a lifeline when I needed one, and for all your incredible information, research and guidance that you offer the MWO community....you deserve every day of this.....and I deserve my treat to help you celebrate!!
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

NS. You are one of those rare, precious super legends.

I value all the support you give and knowledge you share with us here, and the support you always give to me.

Congratulations on 2 years AF!

Lots of love, and thank you. G :heartbeat:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thank you all for your kind comments and well wishes (and poems and treats)! I ended up being on my own today (with my dog :smile but not in that soul-crushing, self-isolating to drink sort of way but in a reflective, count my blessings kind of day. I thought a lot about all of you as we took a long, long walk in the cool but beautifully bright sun and marvel that people I've never met in person (from all over the world no less!) could have made such a positive difference in my life.

I thought about the Newbies Nest and Roll Call, such great places to be at the beginning when you need tough love, support, and examples of what can be if you just stick with it. I've loved lurking in the Army and Daily Abbers - observing people "like me" get on with their normal AF lives with love and humor and support of one another. I didn't want to butt in and post much but Mick has caught me with his brain teasers and sometimes those Army folk just totally lose control of their food intake - It's crazy in there :smile:. I also appreciate the Gloamers thread and the people who post there so much. That is where I realized people were actually paying attention to what I said - talk about an imperative to not just talk the talk! I would never want to let them down.

So, thank you. I'll continue to follow in some very big footsteps ahead of me and hope that anyone behind sees that once you realize that alcohol just isn't for you, so many other things sort themselves out. Life becomes worth living, savoring, and protecting again.

Much love and appreciation, NS

Comment

This is a great achievement and you should be very proud of yourself for being AF for 2 years.

Comment

Congratulations no sugar. Wow 2 years.
                            Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Congratulations, my friend.

I am grateful that you reached out to me when I first came, and grateful that you are the researcher/analyzer type - I can just read and watch what you post without having to do all the work of finding it all.

Your posts show that you listen and know each of us which really meant a lot when I was shyly discovering what MWO was all about. You showed me the way.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart. Your two years is inspirational. CONGRATULATIONS!

xo
                              Pav

Comment

Sorry I missed this eariler NS, but Congrats on 2 years!!!
                                “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Working...
                                X