X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to claim my life back...again!

Hi all

Just registered tonight.

About to embark on a mission to make alcohol a thing of the past. Im 38 and have had an unhealthy relationship with alcohol since I was about 15. Managed to quit for several months a few years ago and then stupidly thought I could keep it under control. Hmm, that didnt work too well.

The consequences to my drinking have continued to get worse, especially recently, which has brought me to my 2nd serious attempt to get it out of my life for good.

In recent months my alcohol use has caused me to:

* be attacked in a park after I stupidly wandered through it late at night drunk as a skunk.
    * end up in intensive care in hospital for 5 days due to neglecting my health - alcohol was much more important.
    * end up in a medical room upon 2 hours of arriving in Spain on holiday. I cant even remember getting off the plane.
    * become violent and abusive towards my partner and not remembering a thing of it in the morning.
    * have frequent blackouts which seem to be happening every time I drink now.

So, yeah, I guess it's time to quit to pure & simply save my life.

GG- Welcome- you are in a good place here, as your story unfortunately is not an uncommon one..we have all been there is some way or another. Do you have a plan in place? (support system, educational tools, exercise and diet schedules, plenty of water and vitamins, etc.). There is plenty of help here, so do stick around and we will do whatever it takes to get you through your sober journey and get your life back…. Let us know where you are at in the process
    “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Welcome Glasgow gal. Good to see you here.

Take back your precious life. You can do it.

Here's a link to our toolbox that you might find useful. https://www.mywayout.org/community/sh...24253-Tool-box

G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Also, below is a link to the Newbie's nest. Most of the folks there are returning from experiences just like yours. A more sympathetic crowd you will not find. Hope to see lots of you on our boards! This place saves lives and I'm one of them! Welcome aboard! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Welcome GG. This place has been a godsend for me. It's been a sounding board, a place for answers, a grounding when things get tough and even a place for a laugh. See the light asks a great question. A plan is essential. The next few days will challenge you but what a great sense of accomplishment when you post one week in. Look out for Ms Byrdies prize. They are highly valued. Over the next couple of days stay well hydrated take a good multivitamin along with a B complex and generally take special care of yourself. If you experience any signs of withdrawal don't panic it's normal but if you have any nasty symptoms don't hesitate to see your Doctor. Congrats on this step and welcome
          Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Hello GlasgowGal
            Welcome!

Comment

Hi Gal.. :welcome: to Mywayout!

:sohappy:

Comment

Working...
              X