What I love about not drinking/being hungover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I love about not drinking/being hungover

Taking my makeup off at night and using all the expensive creams I've bought! And in the morning! Same thing! Not too hungover to wake up and make myself look and feel great!

Just thought i would share!

Although-when you're not hungover and you look in the mirror to apply said face creams....you wonder how the fuck all those red veins got on your nose.
    Sigh.

Xoxoxo I
    g

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I wonder the same thing! Isn't it sad! I can't believe I've done that to my face. It's like a tattoo for the whole world to see. I too have posted about being conscious in the evenings so I can take off my make up and not wake up with black scratchy itchy eyes.

Good Job GG!
    The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Yep - one of those things that sounds trivial, but is oh so important. It means we are finally taking care of ourselves again. I too remember way too many morning waking up with red eyes, and nasty, day-old makeup. Ugh. Pamper yourself, G...you deserve it.
      Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

It's been a couple of weeks since I have woken up without a hangover, so I plan on posting here tomorrow morning, with some positve feedback. But for now, what I really hate about the morning after (aside from the thread veins) is my dry, burning eyes.

Well, here's to (yet another) day one.
        While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I look forward to a posative post tomorrow Ntonight.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Good morning/afternoon!

Well little beagle, I do have a positive post today. Waking up without a hangover is one of the most empowering things you can do for yourself. Rather than slither out of bed once I hear the kids in the kitchen, with bloodshot racoon eyes and an unquenchable thirst, I got up early, did my devotions, laundry, made breakfast, then walked my daughter to school and went for a run. Also, I am not riddled with guilt, paranoia or fear. My eyes are still dry and irritated, but this usually takes a few weeks of sobriety before it clears up. Eyes are the window to our soul. Anyway, hope you all have fantastic, peaceful, hangover free mornings!
            While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I love not having lay still for a bit when I wake up, whilst assessing how wretchedly sick, wobbly and shaky I feel & can I remember where I hid the vodka to stop the nausea?, and more worryingly can I get to it with out getting caught.

I love waking up guilt free :love:
              I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

Love this thread! Mornings are my most favorite time! I love waking up and jumping out of bed. I love that my eyes are no longer puffy and my face no longer red. I have energy! I've lost 6 pounds! i feel great.
                AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

I love waking up and savoring a delicious cup of coffee rather than slurping one down in an attempt to feel even remotely like facing the day.

Comment

I love waking up and remembering how I got to bed in the first place!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I love cuddling with my 2 year old in the morning, I think it's probably a coincidence, but since I stopped drinking she prefers me most mornings over my wife haha, I think it's the lack of alcohol breathr

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                        I love waking up and remembering how I got to bed in the first place!
                        :haha:
                        And I love waking up ....... at my age that's a plus :haha:

Comment

Touche Satz.

I love coping with stress and life without al, its not easy but apparently life wasnt meant to be easy! (a mother quote of wisdom)
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

I love feeling optimistic about the day, knowing I don't have to feel guilty about the night before, and that I wont be held back by a hangover.
                            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I love waking up and being in a good mood.

Comment

Working...
                              X