Hi I'm new to the site today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Kay..i too find 3 days AF is not so bad but then i get the Friday night blues.Last week i di 5 days AF(weekdays) and this week am trying to do the same.

Starting to realise the addiction is all about reframing the mindset. what i think alcohol gives me is an illusion...I have had much better times without the booze to excess.

I do hope you manage to set a goal thats small and achievable...watch your self respect blossom. good luck Kay

Regards Cassy

Comment

Hi there Kay :welcome: , you have come to a great place where you will find wonderful words of wisdom from our many gifted friends. Their insight into the issues we are struggling with are absolutely mind blowing, we are so, so blessed to have such talented and caring people with us at MWO. I like you cried many tears when I came on here and saw just how genuine all our MWO friends are - we really are a big family and we all care about each other. Thank you RJ for giving us this wonderful gift. Kay, you will not be alone here with your struggle, we are all in it together, some days are easier than others, but there will always be somebody here to help you along the way. In the meantime, why don't you check out our "June Newbies Thread" you can find us under "Just Starting Out", we check in daily to help each other along our journey. Hope to speak again soon.

Bluesky :l
      It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

Hi Kay, welcome, I am really glad you found us. I relate totally to your post, kept denying I had a problem as I was 'just like everyone else' - DUH, how wrong could I be. Embarrassed beyond belief when I discovered those I thought of as 'worse' or at least the 'same' as me were discussing how worried they were about my drinking!! This place has changed my views of alcohol, pleases take a look through some old threads, there is some life changing stuff there. Looking forward to getting to know you.

L
        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Working...
        X