Meditation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meditation

Oprah and Deepak Chopra are offering a free 21 day meditation program. It seems to be a very good way to try out meditation if you are interested. Today is day 2 but they allow you to go back 5 days.
    Meditation is a great way to quiet your mind and relax.....:thumbsup:

Although I am finding it is not easy to sit still with a quiet mind!
    Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

I'm in too New page. Love it. It feels good for me. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I love it, G! Looking forward to session 3 this afternoon.
      I can see that meditation is a great tool for the sober toolbox.
      Today maybe I will remember to turn off the "classic rock" music downstairs before I try it again! That might help! :sohappy:

Comment

I'm in trying it too! I've always on again off again done mindfulness so I think this will be right up my alley.

Comment

It's a great way to quiet the monkey chatterbox 1000 radio stations at once noise that is my head sometimes! lol. If i can put space between me and my thoughts, and just focus on my breath and/or a mantra for, in this case around 10 minutes a day, i reckon it's a good way to start the day.

Looking forward to the next one. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch1988 View Post
            I'm in trying it too! I've always on again off again done mindfulness so I think this will be right up my alley.
            It is a nice program, really enjoying it! Not sure what mindfulness IS, but signed up for a course at the local community college, so hope to find out!

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
              It's a great way to quiet the monkey chatterbox 1000 radio stations at once noise that is my head sometimes! lol. If i can put space between me and my thoughts, and just focus on my breath and/or a mantra for, in this case around 10 minutes a day, i reckon it's a good way to start the day.

Looking forward to the next one. G
              I have that chatterbox goin' on too, and like to quiet the thoughts after work. Seems like a great de-stress tool, and looking forward to tonight's session!

Comment

Read the book called 10%: happier how to tame your monkey mind ..
                Rahul
                --------------------------------------------
                Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                Rebooting ... done ...
                Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Day 4 done. Om Ram Ramaya.

Comment

Om Ram Ramaya to you too! Day 4 done also.....really enjoying the program!:happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by Rahulthesweet View Post
                      Read the book called 10%: happier how to tame your monkey mind ..
                      Rahul, I read that book too; I heard about it from someone on MWO, I don't remember who.

I enjoyed it, tried to start my day out with a bit of mindful meditation, oh so easily we forget these wonderful ideas and techniques!

I do, however, have a new introspection for people like Harris and Deepak; even if Deepak has a self- help market with the rich and famous, I still enjoy his free resources. I.e, you can look up 'deepak' meditation stations on iTunes Radio and pandora. He has a very soothing, calming voice.
                      Last edited by Roadside; March 20, 2015, 08:59 PM.
                      Constant relapsing is soul destroying.
                      I cherish my soul, it is the most important thing to me in the world. I cherish my soul even on th bad days. This is why I do not drink.

Comment

ooh, im so interested. Do you have to start at day 1? I wouldn't be able to tune in until Monday.
                        The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Originally posted by Overit-still View Post
                          ooh, im so interested. Do you have to start at day 1? I wouldn't be able to tune in until Monday.
                          Hi Over it. Don't reckon it matters. No right or wrong with meditation to me. Git into it when and where you can. :thumbsup:

Day 5 done.

Comment

Originally posted by Overit-still View Post
                            Hi Overit,
                            You won't miss anything jumping in on Monday. Just do the days you can. The days don't build on each other, they are standalone.
                            It is a very nice program, very relaxing. Day 5 done also!

Comment

Hi - I have been doing this also. So busy I missed first 2 days - that tells me how much I need it. I am now caught up and really enjoying it. the family knows to leave me alone while I am listening...

Comment

Working...
                              X