Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name change from Soak to Change!

Just to let you know.
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

How did you change your name? I've been wondering how to do that...did you just create a totally new name?
    :boxer:Failure is NOT an option! :boxer:

Comment

I actually had to re-register under a different name. Sorry about the thread title, it probably sounds a little misleading.
      One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

change, refering back to your "i think i'm addicted" posting under the name of soak:
        I just wanted to say that you are not nearly as bad off as some of us here have been, myself included. You have recognized and are facing up to your problem early enough to conquer it much more easily than a lot of others. I wish I found this website when I was at your stage. I am really happy for you. immerse yourself in this website, the book and other books (i can reccommend some later) and with the support of us, and your desire to change, you are going to lick this, I can tell. Good for you!
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I know, for me it seems hard though. I am constantly surrounded by alcohol, in the workplace (i work in a bar), and 24 hour bottle shops everywhere. Whilst i know there are people worse off than me, i have to think about myself now, because if i don't, i dread where i will end up. I have already made a major mistake at work, i have turned up to my bar job drunk on several occasions, and have become involved in abusive fights when i am drunk. I have also nearly lost employment due to drinking.

So, i am scared, very scared. But, thanks for your kind words of wisdom.

I am wondering, how much worse can it get? I once knew a guy with hep B and liver corisias (sorry, can't spell), i don't even know if he's alive now. In fact, i think he might be dead.

Comment

You can also pm RJ & she can do it for you.
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X