Did the unthinkable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the unthinkable

Full time relapse. Six months wasted. Very angry with myself, this thing always comes with vengeance.
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Lizker, Sorry to hear of your relapse. BUT- you haven't wasted six months at all just had a slip. I feel like I really have sabatoged myself in the past when I let a slip turn into worse because I get so desperately down on myself. Try to focus on how well you did for six months and how capable you know you are to do it again.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
    AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

That's a tough one Liz, 6 months AF is nothing to sneeze at, but the good thing is that you know it can be done. No lecture from me about a new plan, what went wrong, what triggered it, etc. as you've heard all that before. You're back, you're trying again, you've learned from your mistakes, and now working to get to 7 months, and we're behind you all the way!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Lizker,those 6 months are definitely NOT wasted! Don't even think like that, you've learned skills in that time to live sober, they're still there any idea what happened?could you feel it coming? I always can feel it coming on, you're here so that means you picked yourself up and ready for 6 more months and beyond
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks all for the kind words. Am basically still surrounding my self with the wrong people. Heavy drinkers. I thought I could socially drink the alcohol free beer socially, big mistake. Funny u say that Pauly because I did feel a strong feeling of hopelessness got closer to relapse. Like I jus opened a door I couldn't closer. I guess alcohol is much smarter than we are and will go at any length to get us back
          Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Aww Liz, it's hard when your friends are drinkers, can't really find a new group of friends to hang with and can't expect your current friends to not drink just cuz you don't, that's why it's up to us to be strong, it can get hard though, especially when you're constantly bombarded by alcohol, but for 6 months you've been able to do it,you can and WILL do it again, why not hang around MWO more?seems like we don't see you very often, just try and check in when you can
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

So sorry to hear this news, Liz. Have you figured out how to bolster your sober plan going forward? Might make sense to post here on MWO daily. There's a lot to be said for hanging with like-minded people, in terms of support and accountability. Read around the various threads, and pick one, (or more), that feels comfortable. It's hard to beat the Newbies Nest for gaining strength and sharing ideas.

Glad to see you back, and hope you'll stick around.

Comment

Thanks Pie for your encouragement and Ms Pauly. I happen to work in a very restricted job environment where I basically have no ability to check in as much as I would love to. Iam pretty big on nutrition and fitness. Plenty of protein and fruit usually gets me on the straight and narrow. But as Aqua Marine Said, the energy it takes to pick urself again is the question. Very tough week.

Comment

Working...
                X