hello?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello?

hello, I'm not sure where to start on this site. I am early 40's single never married live alone, have some nice friends but need more connection and not drinking related. I am lonely and dissatisfied with work/finances blah blah blah. I believe I I can do more and be happier and although it is my main social life I believe alcohol is keeping me back and has been for a long time. I don't drink at home much but go to the bar most days of the week not knowing what to do with myself /not wanting to go home and be alone. and I have tried cutting down with 8-9 days absing my most. I never have had much discipline. I'd like to see if this site can help. Advice welcome. hope you all are doing ok. I am happy Spring is (well, just about) here. I'm in Massachusetts. anyone want to reach out you are more than welcome
    oh I think I am going to order the hypno cd's if anyone has stuff to share on those it's be great. Thanks ! e

Eob, welcome aboard! I'd like to direct you to 2 places, links to both are in my signature line. Newbies Nest is a great place to get your legs. Read back a couple weeks to get to know us, there are 7 years of information in that one thread alone! Also, check out the Tool Box, as the name implies, its full of tools to help you. If you are ready to take your life back, we can help! We are so glad you found us!! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

EOB hi and welcome. As Byrd said head over to the newbies nest, there is always someone to keep you company and amuse you along the way. I was an at home drinker so it was hard initially to fill in my time so i did not drink but i glued myself to MWO and now 16 months later I am sober and happy. New set of friends, new life and i love it.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
      X