Starting out again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting out again....

I have been here before, many times just to read and try to encourage my self. I had to set up a new account to get onto the boards .
    Today is my fourth start at trying to beat this beast. I first used Topamax & made it for over a year & a half (had a sober BF at the time) but the side effects got to be too much for me.
    Tried again bust using supplements, lasted 3 weeks, but when I posted that I got no response and caved in. A couple of months later I started again using baclofen, but by the time I got to high dosage I could hardly walk and my insomnia was unendurable. Lo0p was so great, always encouraging me to try just a little longer. When he transitioned I just fell apart, and quit trying.
    So, here I am half way through day one again, and I feel horrible. Hoping to get through 1 minute at a time. Also hoping to make some online friends. None of my large family or few friends
    know I have this problem with alcohol, so I can't expect any support there. Have gone to some AA meetings, just not appealing or helpful.
    I am 67, work, and live alone in Michigan.
    Hope I am not posting in the wrong area....
    Best of hope and encouragement to all,
    Jen

Hi Jen and welcome.

You've made a great decision to start posting, in addition to reading. I suggest posting and reading in the Newbies anesthesia. You'll find advice and support that will help you kick ALs a** right out the door.

See you there!
    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Hi Jen, Welcome back. Pretty sure spell check messed with Marylou's suggestion to pop on over to the Newbies Nest thread. Hope to see you there.

Comment

Thanks so much for answering, Marylou. I will repost in the Newbie's Nest section.......
        Quite honestly, anesthesia would have helped my day!! Better ones ahead.

Be Well....

Comment

Thanks so much for answering, Pie. Love the pi pie! I will repost in the Newbie's Nest section.......
          Quite honestly, anesthesia would have helped my day!! Better ones ahead.

Be Well....

Comment

Working...
          X