Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be safe - reposted from General

Be safe

There is a TV station in the States called Investigation Discovery. I'm not sure if it's available internationally, but it's basically a station that is dedicated 24/7 to stories about bad people. Really bad people who do bad things to other people. I guess it's best categorized as true life crime. I am slightly addicted to it, but try to limit my viewing because of the trauma to my psyche. Still I'm intrigued with it, and I'm obviously not alone. There are FB pages dedicated to its fans. We are a sick bunch. I promise this post has a point.

So I'm sitting here this afternoon, watching yet another episode, and it made me think back on my past. The risks I took while drinking. The bad situations I put myself in without thinking. The tons of times I could have been profiled in one of their episodes if it hadn't been for divine intervention, or just sheer luck, or whatever. These are bad memories, my friends. But important ones. Especially for those newbies, or lurkers, who are still doing these scary things while drinking. I acted out greatly when I was younger. I'm older now, and spent many years married with children, and while I still drank, I did it at home. But that wasn't the case when I was a young girl. I was completely stupid back then. I have a hard time forgiving myself for things I did.

I am not going to reveal any true confessions tonight. Some of you here will already know what I might say. Others of you were smart enough to skip the drama. But for anyone still knee deep in regretful, dangerous actions, stop and think about your safety. Post here. Get yourself to a safe place. Lessen the regrets. They are tough to deal with.

Don't know where this post came from. Just thinking out loud again. But I do notice that AL or drugs play a prominent role in many of these episodes. hmmm? No surprise there.
    Everything is going to be amazing
Working...
X