Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 days sober - yup!

Good morning!

10 days sober here, and my 11th day is well underway!

I think I may have taken advice about not denying yourself anything (food, drink) during the first few weeks a little too seriously. Despite eliminating 1500-2500 calories of AL a day, I've gained 4+ pounds in the last 10 days! I have definitely been eating more (mostly snacks), especially at night when I would have been drinking myself into oblivion.

Only one major AL craving so far. Yesterday on a 3+ hour car trip, it was hot and dry out and I was getting dehydrated. My only thought for at least an hour was chugging a long cold glass of beer. I drank 2 liters of seltzer water and lemon when we arrived home and the thoughts subsided.

Have a great week everyone!

LostAndFound

Whoot! Good for you Land F! Sorry I didn't see this earlier! If you come to the Newbies Nest thread there is more action there so you can get a proper celebration.

Double digits is fabulous. I hope you celebrated.

Pav

Comment

Woo-hoo on 10 days!after this those days add up fast some advice is NEVER let yourself get thirsty, I've made this mistake and thought I was craving a drink, yeah I was,for water!now I always carry a big 1 liter bottle ofFiji around, keep it up
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Congrats!

AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Lost, double digits, that is fantastic. Remember to be gentle on yourself. Rome was not built in a day! It doesnt matter if you gain weight, all that matters for you by the sounds of it, is that you dont drink and you are doing that. Enjoy each day sober, life is a wonderful place when we are not drowning our sorrows each and every day.

Proud of you!
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Congrats on day 10...one trick I learnt not to over eat is taking lots of protein. I use egg whites in smoothies for extra protein...raw almonds also keep u full for along time.
            Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Working...
            X