LavenderBlue has a whole year today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LavenderBlue has a whole year today!

Go figure, the day I want to write something well thought out, I stayed up too late last night and didn't get a nap yet after going into work.:P

My first post here wasn't in the Nest, but a part of it really strikes me reading it now. https://www.mywayout.org/community/sh...but-I%27m-glad

What I want most is to be...myself again, I suppose. I don't want to have that thought of "Hmmm, I'd like to do this weekend thing, but I'm not sure if I'll be ok if I can't drink." I want my head clear to sort out a lot of life issues that I've been hiding from dealing with. I don't want to walk away from conversations thinking, "Well, I'm not drunk and I think I made sense...but were my emotions actually on base there?" I'm also tired of worrying that I'll have a serious health issue again and then have to admit to everyone that yeah, I did start up again.
    I can tell anyone thinking about this whole sober thing, that things have turned out literally better than I'd ever hoped, and I found more of myself than I thought i even had left in me. I don't mean it was easy or that life is perfect, that'd be a lie. But the things I've been able to do sober, the parts of my life that have improved, and the healing my mind and body have managed in just a year? FAR far more than I'd even hoped when I was starting out.

What worked for me? Reading and posting here, for one. I was on these forums constantly for the first...I'm not even sure how long. Quite a while. I read new posts and old posts, anything to keep my mind focused on needing to quit. When I did wander off for a couple months after the site change, I made a decision to come back. I wasn't having drinking thoughts (yet), but I felt like I was setting myself up by staying away.

Other than that, I tried to listen to advice, especially the kind I didn't want to hear. Getting all the AL out of the house. Not going places that would make me want to drink. I developed plans, and learned what to tell myself during a craving so I didn't give in.

I want to thank everyone here, so very much. I'm starting to have my LIFE back, here; that's a huge thing. And sorry this was short (well, short for ME lol); I really am tired. But NOT hungover.
    I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
    AF on: 8/12/2014

So happy to celebrate one year with you, LavBlue! Well done!! :welldone:

Comment

Holy MOLY! Here's another nester with a whole year! I couldn't be more proud of you!! It is a really good feeling to start measuring this thing in YEARS instead of days! Thank you for all you do in the nest, I always look for your posts! This is the very best news this week, I am so happy for you!
      :celebrate:
      You DID it!!! Congratulations! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

All right !!!!
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Way to go LavB -- congratulations.
          Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Congratulations LavB! Thanks for all you do in these rooms. Very happy for you!
            AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Congratulations, LavB - and thanks for sharing your experiences in the NN. I'm sure you've helped more people than you can imagine. The second year is great -- NORMAL LIFE!!

Comment

LavB, a huge hug and congratulations on your first birthday sober. A new you, a new life and a much better one than when you were drinking. You are a treasure on the nest and to see where you have come to what you were when you first came to the nest has been a pleasure to witness. As NS says, the 2nd year gets better and better.

Happy one year!
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

YAY, LavB! Thank you for all your great posts and insight, and hearty congratulations on your one year accomplishment!
                  Attached Files
                  "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

You are a great role model LavB!

Congrats!

Addy (All Done Drinking...Yes!)
                    "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

A gazillion congrats LavBlue! I'm away on vacation w/ my family, but look forward to posting a more colorful celebratory graphic for you when I return. In the mean time, I hope you feel proud today! Happy 1st birthday! Much love, Jane
                      AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

LavBlue!!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

LavBlue one year is a huge deal. Congratulations. I'm so proud of you.
                          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

LavB congrats! Always appreciate your posts in the NN, glad you racked up a year!

Comment

Congratulations on 1 whole year of freedom! I also always look forward to and learn from your posts in the Nest.. Well done, LavBlue!

Comment

Working...
                              X