A Yogi's view of the 12 steps - free program starting tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Yogi's view of the 12 steps - free program starting tonight

I received this via email today, and sounds like a really good program. It is online, and free, will go on for the next 12 weeks starting at 9 pm central.
    You register at in the rooms. com, which is very simple. I am not a 12-stepper, but love Tommy Rosen (he wrote Recovery 2.0) and follow him every Tuesday night. And I love yoga, so will try the program!

First, I encourage you to read all the way to the bottom so you can be aware of the special announcement there.
    The 12 Steps are a powerful spiritual path that has lead millions of people out of the darkness of addiction and into the light of recovery. While this path is not the only path of recovery from addiction, it is the one that saved my ass when nothing else seemed to work.
    Interestingly though, I would go to rehab, learn about addiction, attend 12-step meetings, stay sober for a year and relapse constantly for another year after that before I finally reached a point of surrender where I could embrace the work of the 12 Steps. Why didn’t I just do it from the beginning? Quick answer, I really didn’t want to change. I wanted to be “better” than I was, while remaining as I was. This didn’t work out for me and it won’t for anyone else either.
    In simple terms, the 12 Steps are designed to transform you. If you do not do the work of the 12 Steps, you will not experience the change they offer.
    My question is, since the 12 Steps really work so well on addiction, how can they be made more interesting, more exciting, more accessible and even more effective to anyone who might need them?
    I found the answer to this riddle along the path of Yoga. Therefore...
    I am so pleased to introduce a 12-week series that I am co-presenting with my teacher, Guruprem, on InTheRooms.com.
    It is called a Yogi’s View of The 12 Steps and it’s purpose is to illuminate the power of the 12-Step path and to explore the ways that the path of yoga is both complimentary and validating.
    The series will take place on InTheRooms.com tonight and every Tuesday at 7pm PT.
    Each week we will cover 1 step. We begin TONIGHT with Step 1. Please join us.
    The series is totally free to attend. You will need an Intherooms.com profile which is also free and easy to set up.
    This is live interactive video and you can ask questions, be called upon and participate with others in recovery from around the world.
    I look forward to having you join us for these sessions over the next 12 weeks.
    I think we will cover some amazing ground together as we become ever more fulfilled along this magical and powerful path of Recovery 2.0.
    With Love and Gratitude,
    Tommy Rosen
    PS - Do not miss Guruprem and Tommy Rosen for Week 1 of the 12-week series: A Yogi’s View of The 12 Steps on Intherooms.com tonight at 7pm PT.

Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Best of luck
    Last edited by lizker; September 6, 2015, 06:15 PM.
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Working...
    X