Books and sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books and sites

Hi everyone. I'm 5 weeks into being AF and every day has been great up to now. I just wanted to see if anyone has any books etc they would recommend (now I have all this lovely reading time at bedtime )

I've been reading Jason Vales book "kick the drink easily" and that's been great for me. It changes the concept of not having alcohol into a positive one instead of feeling deprived. I also bought the Sarah Turner and Lucy Rocca book and their 6 week planner for being AF. I'm now onto the last week but I did start week one and two 11 times before I got to that! just shows you how perseverance helps!

I considered doing an online course I saw about being AF etc, has anyone done it? I saw it on the "sobriety" website (you have to subscribe to that site eventually though).

I was also wondering if there has been any meet ups etc? I was thinking it would be great to meet up with people on the site who live in the same city or area as I do? to celebrate and share ideas etc? not sure how feasible that would be and I'm sure its been thought of before.

thanks everyone for all your support
    xx

Hi Spring,

Congrats on five weeks AF! I know you must be feeling really good. I've become a reading fiend since going AF myself.

There is a thread here that's specifically devoted to books you might want visit. It's under Dis 'N Dat then What We're Reading. I've read a LOT of books on drinking - both fiction and non-fiction. One of my favorites (and one lots of us related to) is Drinking - A Love Story. But there are lots of suggestions on that thread - some not even about drinking - to help fill all that beautiful free time now available to us.

Also, I have met a fellow MWOer in person and, personally, I welcome the face-2-face interaction. I'm not sure if there's a "policy" for/against that but I figure that's between the individuals. That being said, I live in central Florida (USA) so if you're nearby, please PM me!

Have a wonderful day - it keeps getting better!

Mary Lou
    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Hi Spring! Further to your face2face meetings question, I started a thread under General Discussion "where y'all from" so that if members are interested in meeting other members in real life, they can post their location and also look to see if there are other members close by..
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks Marylou, abcowboy, I'll have a look at the links.
        it'd be great to meet up, don't think I'd make Florida though, I have been once and loved it but its a long way from me in the UK.
        thanks

Comment

Working...
        X