I'm new and could use some friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new and could use some friends

I'm new to this forum and could use some friends.
    I've been looking around on this forum a bit and it seems like a loving, forgiving, and non-judgmental safe place. I have made the decision to go 30 days AF. I have the MWO book (not quite through the entire thing but getting close), bought all the supplements, and I am considering the topomax and hypnosis cd's. I would love to hear from others how these things (especially the last 2) have worked out.
    I am motivated to do this program! I know I need to get sober for me, and my health. But I will admit up front that some of my drive is because of other circumstances. I don't want to lose my husband! I also don't want to lose my job or get a DUI or whatever else my future could look like if I continue down this destructive path I've been on.
    That said, I really don't want to quit drinking; I really like alcohol. I don't know if I can give it up entirely, and I don't know if I can learn to moderate. What I do know is that I need to do something about my drinking and I am here to try to do just that!
    Another thing I know is that I can't do this alone and I chose the name Synergy for that very reason. To me, synergy means working together toward a common goal. That's my desire and that's why I'm here. For now I need your help! I hope also to help others in any way that I can.
    Synergy

Hi Synergy,

I like your name and welcome to MWO. Just saw your post and worst time ever for me to do a lengthy reply but I will save that for another day (very soon). You will be hearing from many others soon who will make you feel very welcome and give you good tips of how to find valuable information here.

Glad you joined us.

All done drinking...Yes! (Addy)
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Hey Synergy and welcome!
      There are two links in my signature line, newbies nest is a great place to get started with those 30 days! The Tool Box is a treasure trove of information to help you thru the first challenging days and beyond. We are so glad you found us! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Synergy. Welcome. So glad that the site was fixed so you were able to join us.

Byrdlady is a great source of wisdom here. She is right about the Tool Box and the Newbies Nest.
        Also, If you head over to the General Discussion area of the forum, there are some great threads over there. One Step at a Time, Cowboy's Cafe, Army, 24 hour club and several more.

:welcome:
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Welcome Synergy! :thumbsup:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

hello Synergy,
            hope you wander over to the Newbie Nest. Great place to get started. Also helpful to post your days Alcohol Free (AF) on the "Roll Call" in the Just Getting Started area.
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions.

Comment

Hi Synergy and welcome to MWO. Great that you have taken the important step of recognizing you have a problem. The only thing that struck me is that you are not willing to stop drinking. Majority of us are abstainers and a handful of moders. Not sure how this would play out due to conflict of interest but wishing the best of luck. Based on what I have been through, I wish I had stopped when I started noticing there was a problem. It only get progressively bad. You don't want to regret not stopping drinking years down the road when the damage may be irreversibly done.
                Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Samstone is right. The 'Roll Call' really helps me.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Synergy - I forgot that there is a moderation thread that you might want to check out after your 30 days AF. I, personally, am way past trying to moderate. I do agree with Lizker that I wish I had realized that sooner. But, if that is your path, I wish you well. :hugesmile:

Anyway, here is a link to that thread - I don't want to be totally AF
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Well I really don't know what to think about that reply. Like I said, I thought this was a safe place. Kind of doesn't feel that way now. I said that I don't really want to stop drinking and I also said that I know that I need to. I'm hurting right now and trying to be honest and find my way here. The last thing I need is to feel judged. Maybe I was wrong about this forum.

Comment

I don't know what my path is. I'm confused. Sorry I posted!

Comment

Synergy - I am so sorry. I in no way meant my post to be judgmental. I feel awful that it came across that way. I was trying to share a little about my journey and it came across wrong.
                          Please come back & post. :hug:
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Stick around Synergy. Everyone here has good intentions and wishes others happiness and freedom. As you can see, there are many ways out and we just have to keep searching for what way out works best for us.

Keep punching. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I don't think you were being judged. Merely a suggestion, I think. We try to support and help each other. I hope you continue to read and post. There is a lot of insight and wisdom here. You will find your path. Let us help

Comment

Working...
                              X