Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2

Day 2 and feeling sick, headaches and generally yuk

Anyone else feel this way in the early days?

Yes,I'm on day four of my 50,000th quit and I'mheadachy,brain foggy,tired,etc try and rest as much as possible,water with lemon,eat if you can,try and keep someone close if you're quitting from a huge amount, we'll be o.k,better than drinkin again,hang close
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey Starty and congrats on day 2, yes day 2 is usually pretty rough...depending on your severity, it could take a couple more days to start feeling better. It usually takes about 7 days for me. Focus on healthy eating, low sugar and fat to help your body rid itself of toxins. Green tea...defaf can be very helpful...hang in there you are making a decision you will never regret.
      Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Congrat's on day 2 Starty!

Maybe some lemon juice in warm water? Liver cleansing and good source of vit C. Fruit and veg.

You will feel better soon once you get these first few days out of the way. Great work and keep it going!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thank you so much everyone. It does help so much to not feel alone in this. I KNOW I have made the right decision (again!!) and I know I will feel better soon. But my goodness doesn't it make you realise how poisonous AL is???

Comment

Do you have any plan on how to tackle the next few days? I usually try to keep myself as busy as possible so I am not watching paint dry counting hours. Any distraction from the thoughts pounding in as the brain is adjusting to function without alcohol can be very helpful.
            Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Right now all I can focus on is getting through these horrible sweats and nausea. I am working so very busy. I have booked Friday off and I just want to rest and catch up with myself a bit. And I so hope I feel better by then

Comment

Ugh,I hate the sweats! Didn't get them this time surprisingly, nausea yes,but I made myself eat so I could take my vitamins, In a few days we'll feel better,then no going back again
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks Pauly. You are helping me keep going :goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                  X