Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back! Anyone up for 30 days

Hello Everyone,

I am old member of MWO and didn't know where to post this because in a sense I am "STARTING OVER" again. I had one year of AF and well I am sure you guys know the story that follows afterwards. If you don't, well I'll tell you....it's the old well maybe I can have just one and the next thing you know it, you saying to yourself "okay, I drink but after that I will go AF". HA! It's been THREE years from the time I decided to just have that one drink and I have to say it's been HELL! Once again, the lies, the guilt, lost jobs, being stuck in bed all day physically sick from being hung over and the worse of all is the two week drinking binges where I start drinking in the morning.....YUCK! There is one good thing that came out of this last drinking binge and that was I recorded myself drinking and wow I am so glad I did. It was nice to see myself drinking because it was definitely an eye opener. I AM AN ALCOHOLIC! I will be watching this video every so often as a reminder and will also be seeking other avenues to really work on putting 100% into my sobriety this time, the last time I didn't which probably I drank. I have to admit that in the back of my mind I was thinking maybe one day I can have a drink. NO, I CAN'T and that's what I need to really, really come to terms and accept, otherwise I will either be homeless or worse DIE!

It wasn't all bad, I did manage to run 7 half marathons and the LA Marathon, however it was ALWAYS my excuse to drink afterwards because I did these events and when I drank...it was to get drunk! Anyway, I am here again to see if any of you wonderful MWO would like to join me in a AF day count and the usual it's best to start one day at a time. During those 3 years, I did manage to get 30 days AF but again would just go back to drinking and so as did when I had started my thread ANYONE UP OF 30 DAYS AF (if you get a chance read it) doing 30 days is a good start! Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing from you. Oh and sorry for the typos

Janet
    AF Day 4
    AF Since May 2nd 2012

Welcome back Janet. There has been such good info on Newbie's Nest lately that it's a good place to revisit. Lots of newbies right where you are - on day 1. Lots of folks with the same story. Crazy how we think after a year, 7, 20, that we can now control it and keep it to one. I restarted many years ago after a 7 year quit. I have been abstinent now only since July 16 of this year but am so glad I'm on this ride again - (back on the wagon again), and life is a whole lot better without the poison. Glad you're hopping on with us.

Addy (All Done Drinking...Yes!)
    :sohappy:
    Last edited by All done drinking; November 26, 2015, 03:00 PM.
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Welcome back PJ! It's great to see you start with that 30 day goal! But don't limit your posts to just this thread, be sure to read around and post everywhere, many people can learn from you sharing your story, and of course we're never to old to learn something new ourselves! The Roll Call is a great place to track your days, the 24 Hour Club is another place to re-affirm your commitment each day, and many, many other threads! Once again, welcome home!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'll do the 30 day challenge with you. I'm at day 17 AF but would like to add 30 more days. I bet it's so strange to see a video of yourself. I wish I had one... We'll probably not actually. I'm an oldie myself but fell off the wagon too and am back working on being AF for good.
        AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Me too. Today is my day 1.
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

I'm absolutely in. Beginning day two ...
            "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
            “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

October was a good AF month for me. Would like to jump on this band wagon and add November AF. May I join you?

Comment

Awesome post Janet, and thank you for coming back.
                I am 500 plus days sober and yeah, just one away from returning to the nightmare.
                I will be following you through your first month, hang tight girl!
                (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Hi PJ.

I am in. This is day 3 for me - didn't think I could do it. Reading every day has really helped.
                  These af days seem to be very long! Like 6 alcohol filled days. I guess that is because we waste
                  half of the day drinking. Hopefully with more af days I will have the energy to do more to make
                  the most of having so much time:happy2:
                  Last edited by ssd858; November 2, 2015, 10:26 AM.

Comment

I'm back as well. It's been hell. I've been through 3 IOPs and countless therapists. I'm thinking today is a good day for a Day 1. Happy Friday the 13th everyone.
                    :notes:
                    we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Janet - hi!!! And nurdl too!
                      I am back as well, mentioned on another thread that we are oldie newbies!!
                      I am at two weeks, but wanting to make it stick forever this time - really happy to take it 30 at a time!
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Janet,
                        I'd love to join in on the 30 day AF wagon. It will be for my next 30 days... one at at time!
                        Go as far as you can see.
                        When you get there, you'll see further.

Comment

Hi Janet
                          Another old newbie here. I have had several periods of sobriety but keep convincing myself that I can drink again and control it. This is stupid thinking because I definately can't. I am in for thirty days and more. I am also on a diet that does not allow alcohol. I have not stuck to that part so it is not going to work. I can't believe that I can't even quit for a diet. ( it is monitored and they can tell) this has highlighted that I really have a problem.
                          I too have completed many half marathons but lately I have been choosing to drink over running. Can't get up to run due to drinking the night before. This definately needs to stop now. So glad to join you. It will be difficult but I am determined to prevail and throw everything at this demon!
                          Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

New here. Today is my first day and I welcome the challenge of 30 days. Look forward to developing friends who are alcohol free.

Comment

Me too, up for a 30 day challenge that is. Renorach, I hope your depression lifts soon
                              You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                              X