i need to quit drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need to quit drinking

I've been a binge drinker for the last 10 years, i drank alot last night and into the early hours this morning i was drinking spirits, felt so sick today now feeling a little better but i keep relapsing and i do want to quit drinking but i keep going back to drink. Theres no alcohol in the house now and its gonna stay that way. I know i have to quit drinking i've had so many problems due to my drinking. I need to believe in myself i can finally quit the booze, i really need rehab but its out of the options due to i need to continue work and pay off my mortgage. I have tried counseling and that has helped and also AA. But i seem to drift back to drinking. I really need to quit because if i don't i know I'm going to have more health problems. I was diagnosed with fatty liver disease this year due to my drinking. Tomorrow will be day 1. I will be back to post on this thread to update how I'm going hoping 1 year can come up of sobriety starting from now and then i can stay sober after the 1 year. I can do this.

Hi Starting and welcome. MWO has been my support network in getting and staying sober for nearly 2 years. The choice was mine the day i decided to stop drinking and i was living the hell you are. Two bottles of wine in every day that ended in a Y and i was well on the way to 3. I'd had enough, my health, my family, my work and everything else was going down the drain. It wasnt easy and some days i wanted to give in to that temptation of alcohol but i came on here, i asked for support, i reached out and i found it. I am still on here daily as i need accountability and also if i can help one person then it is worth it. We all have different stories but they all involve alcohol. Nothing you have done will shock us and we all understand. Read around, the newbies nest is a great place to join in and get to know others. You can do this and believe me it is one of the hardest things i have done but one that has given me the greatest gift to myself and my family - a life.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Thanks for your reply, it really is a living hell when coming down off the alcohol, while I'm high off alcohol its painless but when the alcohol starts to wear off that's when the pain really starts and i find it lasts for days after day 7 AF is when i start to feel better. I know i can get better as long as i don't drink.

Comment

Thats what we are here for to help with that. I was a lunatic for a couple of weeks posting on here, well maybe a tad longer lol but so worth it from my point of view. I watched a lot of you tube documentaries and read lots of threads on here. Anything to take my mind off al. Oh life gets so much better without al. There was nothing better than the day i came home from work and did not crave for a wine but made a cup of tea, then i knew that was progress. One day, one minute, one second at a time in the early days is all we can do.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good for you startingovernow! As ava mentioned, there's a ton of help and support here from people who've been in your shoes! I just hope you want to get sober as much as you think you need to get sober. It could make all the difference! Make sure you read/post everyday, it only takes one day at a time! Welcome to a new life!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
          X