Fun kale smoothie to brighten your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun kale smoothie to brighten your day

Kale is arguably the most nutritious green vegetable there is. It's has tons of vitamins, minerals, fiber, omega 3 oils and plenty of protein ( a cup has 5 gms of protein!)
    Kale has mood lifting properties as well. Brighten your day with this easy smoothie recipe and kick cravings to the curb.
    1. Cup of kale (about 3 whole leaves)
    2. 1/2 cup of blueberries
    3. Handful of broccoli
    4. plain yogurt or lowfat strawberry yogurt
    5. 2 table spoonfuls of flaxseed
    6. A few pieces of appeals
    7. Few slices of bananas
    8 Any juice of your choice.
    Put all the ingredients in your blender and whip up this treat. Highly recommend to take this first thing in the morning to rip the most benefits. You can add to or change the ingredients but keep the kale and blueberries. They tend to complement each other very well.
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Yum!
    AF January 7, 2018

Comment

This smoothie type is pretty good for this time of the year for holiday cleansing. Adding some lemon juice makes for an even stronger cleanse
      Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Hi Liz, I just got back from a long walk and was thinking it was time to do a cleanse. I've been compensating cravings with a lot of food I don't normally eat, and just feel really yucky.. I know it's from the junk.. I'm excited to get healthy again.
        AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Me too Choices.

Thanks Liz you have inspired me today !! I love smoothies anyway, I always have a fruit one with all sorts of other bits in I will start to add my greens as well

Comment

Originally posted by Choices View Post
            Hi Liz, I just got back from a long walk and was thinking it was time to do a cleanse. I've been compensating cravings with a lot of food I don't normally eat, and just feel really yucky.. I know it's from the junk.. I'm excited to get healthy again.
            I'm excited too Choices. Been of track due to too much indulging over the holidays...I would love a super cleanse along with the smoothies. Let's do this.

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
              Me too Choices.

Thanks Liz you have inspired me today !! I love smoothies anyway, I always have a fruit one with all sorts of other bits in I will start to add my greens as well
              You welcome Starty. I find greens in smoothies to be alkalizing, energizing, cut the sugar content in traditional fruit smoothies and generally provide more nutritional value. I get more nutritional benefits with lesser calories....but often have to sacrifice taste...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by lizker View Post
                Kale is arguably the most nutritious green vegetable there is. It's has tons of vitamins, minerals, fiber, omega 3 oils and plenty of protein ( a cup has 5 gms of protein!)
                Kale has mood lifting properties as well. Brighten your day with this easy smoothie recipe and kick cravings to the curb.
                1. Cup of kale (about 3 whole leaves)
                2. 1/2 cup of blueberries
                3. Handful of broccoli
                4. plain yogurt or lowfat strawberry yogurt
                5. 2 table spoonfuls of flaxseed
                6. A few pieces of appeals
                7. Few slices of bananas
                8 Any juice of your choice.
                Put all the ingredients in your blender and whip up this treat. Highly recommend to take this first thing in the morning to rip the most benefits. You can add to or change the ingredients but keep the kale and blueberries. They tend to complement each other very well.
                Hmmm sounds good to me. Thank you for sharing. Will surely try this!

Comment

Working...
                X