Advice please, Hotel in New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All, Hubby is taking me to New York to see Phantom Of the Opera (my favourite musical) for my 40th Birthday.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel in a good location? Please .........

Love & Hugs, BB xx
    sigpicXXX

reasonable

Hi BB, I don't know of anything reasonably priced, but you might find something on hotels.com, I've had success with that site. Suz
    The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

I've stayed at the Madison (THE MADISON HOTEL - NYC on a budget) on (guess where?) Madison Avenue. It's a great location for all the touristy stuff. It's fairly basic but it was clean and I thought a good price for the location. Website has room pics so you can see if it meets your standards!
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hmm. I tried to post the website but it didn't work for some reason. It's madison-hotel.com
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Thanks guys, Marshy that sounds good. I really don't want luxury because I dont intend staying in the rooms much......

BB xx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

New York Hotels

I've visited New York a LOT and have found the hotels very very pricey. One thing you might try is a bed and breakfast. In NYC they're not like the quaint countryside places run by sweet old couples - rather, they're furnished apartments rented out by reputable companies, sometimes the owners actually live there, and you're sharing their apartment - other times they're away. I like it a WHOLE lot more than impersonable hotel rooms and over the years, have actually made friends.

It's a very different experience than hotels and it costs a LOT less. Google New York Bed and Breakfast and you'll come up with lots of options. I like the west side of New York more than the east side so am more familiar with those locations.

good luck!

Comment

Hi Betty, check out the New York Inn. I have never stayed there, but I have an airline book that lists some that airline employees use so it can't be too bad....It is close to Times Square, on 8th ave. Their web is New York Inn, New York City. Another one is the Edison Hotel in the Broadway Theater District....OFFICIAL Website of Hotel Edison New York City - Times Square Hotels.

Comment

Another one that looks really nice and has some pretty good packages right now is Park South Hotel - N E W? Y O R K? C I T Y I want to come too!!!!! this is my favorite so far...just by the pictures, I have not stayed there.

Comment

Hi Betty, I just asked my husband who has been to New York several times, and he said you should google EXPEDIA.co.uk (or .com) and there is a list of hotels that are 3star, 4star, and 5star. Nothing in NY is cheap but you are right, you wont be spending alot of time in the room as there is sooo much to do! What fun, That is really something to look forward to. I went there a couple of years ago with my husband, but he had to work alot, so I had my little road map and visited all the sites. the shops are great, I went up the Empire State, visited the Art gallery, etc... Lucky old you. I would definately go again. I hope you find a suitable hotel- Love, Bella xxx

Comment

New York city has changed a lot in the last several years. If you have a travel book that is current there are a lot medium priced hotels that are clean and safe. It depends what part of New York City you will be visiting most. Chelsea is great and very central lots of small hotels. There are also lots of brand new fancy ones. and hostels too.
                    It all depends on your taste, and more than likely you will find what you are looking for since this is the city that has everything.
                    hope you enjoy yourself. there is so much to do and see here, it's almost exhausting.
                    I welcome you
                    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
                    X