Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the house.

Hi Gang.

I am back in the house. I have to be honest I did not wake up yesterday planning not to drink. It just happened. I made it to
    5 pm without a drink and I said to myself that you can make it AF till bed time and I did make it.
    Today has been tough, headaches, shakes, tired, feeling sick but feeling good to be almost through day 2 AF.
    This process has taken at least three months for me to taper off of a fifth or more a day of hard alcohol and wine and quite
    honestly whatever I could get my hands on to drink. I knew I could not quit cold turkey without the risk of really getting
    sick or serious DT'S.
    Truth be told I am so so so sick of drinking it is hard to explain. I have been sick of it for a while know. I just did not know when I would
    be sick enough of it to get day one under my belt.
    Hard to understand how you can be so sick to death of something but it still has its claws into you so deep that you can't put it down.
    Alcohol is powerful and it has had control of my life long enough.
    So here I am letting you all know I am here again even though I have failed in the past I am here again to try to blow this monkey off of my back.
    So I usually go to bed around 10 PS TIME. That is about four hours away and there is no alcohol in the house for me to drink. I will check in before I go to bed and let you all know how
    I made it through till 10 or bedtime.

Thank you all for being here and being a supportive group. It feels good to be back.

rednose. :thanks:
    All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Welcome back Red! We're glad you're here.

You'll probably recognize a lot of the long time posters - they're amazing folks and so supportive.

Check into Newbie's Nest and settle in for the night.

One day at a time Red!
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Oh Rednose,I've thought about you often,I really hope you're back for good this time, great job on day 2, hold on tight for the next few days,I freakin hate detoxing!lots of water,eat when you can,get your b-vits,you know the drill,great to see you
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi, Rednose!

So glad you're back. You were strong to taper off - that is supposed to be very hard. If you can do that, you can quit for sure. Take care of yourself!

Pav

Comment

Hi Rednose! I'm back again too but hoping to make this my last quit. I don't want to "quit" again either! Hop on over to the nest and snuggle up.
          The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Welcome back Red. How r u doing? G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Welcome back Rednose! I came back too......like you, just got so sick of it. Just reading how you feel.....
              I know it is hard at the start.....hope you are feeling a little better today.
              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Made it through day 2. Slept really well and off and running on day 3.

Have a great day all.....

Comment

Allriiiight! Great stuff Red .

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Welcome back fellow struggler. I remember at one time we started at the same time. Not rubbing it on your face or anything but I dag my heels in and I just started month 7. You can not be complacent with this thing Rednose. You are in a very very real battle. Both physically and spiritually...more so spiritually. Your enemy and opponent does not take breaks and relentless preys on you day and night. You gotta fight for yourself and don't just make it easy for your enemy to keep whipping your tail. Let him earn it. Challenge your addiction. Remove alcohol from the table as an option...I'm talking about accepting the fact that you may never touch alcohol again and being ok with it. Not saying that you will never be tempted and even drink again but that you are dead to alcohol and will never go back to it. You can get prescriptions that may help you like baclofen until you achieve a certain level of sobriety...I never went that route but some have and succeeded. Just do whatever it takes.
                    Last edited by lizker; December 18, 2015, 07:32 PM.
                    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Hi All

I am doing pretty well today alcohol free. I am very tired and I don't have much get up and go but I can deal with that.
                      I appreciate all the support and words of wisdom.
                      I am just going to take it a moment at a time if it comes down to that.

I will be back tomorrow starting my day four.

Thank you all.

rednose

Comment

Wow I am tired. I feel like I could sleep my life away at the moment. Not much urge to drink, just a little.
                        I am eating, resting, craving sugar but not drinking.
                        I just want to make it through the rest of this day AF and get some restful sleep tonight and wake up tomorrow and do it again.
                        Was anyone else feeling so tired that they just would fall asleep on the couch?

rednose.

Comment

Hi Red. You're doing gr8. Yes, tiredness is common in early sobriety. My take on it is our bodies have some adjusting and fixing to do. Go with the flow. Eat healthy and drink water. Keep up the fab work friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                            Hi Red. You're doing gr8. Yes, tiredness is common in early sobriety. My take on it is our bodies have some adjusting and fixing to do. Go with the flow. Eat healthy and drink water. Keep up the fab work friend.
                            Guitarista

Ya tired and a bit depressed at the moment. I want to get up and go to the gym but just don't have the energy. I am going to give
                            it a couple more days and then try to get to the gym even if it is only for 30 minutes.
                            Thanks for the support.

rednose

Comment

Or rug up from the wind rain and cold and invigorate with a short brisk walk or light jog. All the best

Comment

Working...
                              X