I'm new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new here

Hi Kate, A lot of people who crave alcohol are also hypoglycemic. You may want to check that out and take the supplements. We all know about having a couple of drinks and then can't stop - our liver is craving sugar in alcohol and our mind is craving the release.

My day definitely is better when I follow the hypoglycemic diet. Good Luck.
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

I'm new here

Thankyou

Thanks so much for all your support and kind words. I'm feeling a little better just getting things off my chest and am determined to REALLY try this time.

I've never really spoken about my concerns with friends or family, apart from the jokey "never drinking again" kind of thing, so I think I'll try to speak to some people seriously. Last year my new years resolution was the 4-drink rule which I managed to keep up for 6 months. I was feeling so great about it all, then I guess I just got a little cocky and thought I could go to 5, 6 ... which I couldn't! So, I'm going to go back to trying to do this, plus at least 2 drink-free nights a week. I think that if I speak to my close freinds about my concerns, they will be really supportive and make sure I stop!

I'm also trying to make more plans and appointments for early in the morning, which will encourage me to go to bed earlier and therefore drink less. My husband and I have been running the business on our own so far this season so it has been late nights every night. We have some staff starting next week so hopefully that will take the pressure off a bit. I'll try not to work behind the bar as much, go to bed a little earlier, although it's incredibly hard when you can hear everyone laughing, drinking, having a good time.....

I'll keep you updated anyway, I feel like I have more people to prove it to now, which I'm sure is a good thing. Thanks again for all the support.

Comment

I'm new here

I Hear You!

Hi Kate, I sooo hear what you are saying!!!

I am sitting here with a graze and a lump on my forehead that I have no recollection for getting. I am sure it will make for an amusing discussion at work tomorrow!

Like you I have a serious binge drinking problem which I intend to deal with as of today.

I told my friends last night (third bender in 3 nights) that I had had enough of torturing myself! They laughed at me, teased me and poured me another drink.....which I drank.

By the time I called it a night, I was totally trashed and they were still speaking normal.

I drink every drink faster than the last. I never seem to pass out, or vomit, so I just keep drinking through the night. So often I remember very little of the night. I emabrass myself time and time again, and have done some really stupid things which I have so far been fortunate enought not to lose my job, my wife or my life. I have lost friends

I am married and my wife only ever drinks in moderation. She cant understand why I cant just act like an adult and show some self control.

Every Friday I go for a drink after work. If I have anyone to stay out with (doesnt matter whether I like them or not) there is a good chance I wont be home until day light. This is taking a heavy toll on my marriage. I work really long hours and look forward to a drink at the end of the week. I just wish I could have 2 or 3 beers like normal people and go home!!! Drives me nuts!!!

There is plenty more emotional baggage going on, but it is my first day here so I wont bore you on your post.

I will just leave it with, I understand how depressed you probbaly feel some days and how angry you get with yourself for letting yourself down.

:welcome:

Comment

I'm new here

Good luck! I work in theatre, a social, hard drinking environment where people work hard and play harder! Apart from the (growing number of) recovering alcoholics who don't touch it, and no one thinks the less of them. This is day one for me, so have no words of wisdom, just best wishes to you. Just think of all the wonderful years ahead if you kick this habit while you are still so young. xx

Comment

Working...
          X