No announcement yet.

Need to quit today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made excuses for AL for a lot of years before I just decided enough was enough. If AL is causing you a problem then you have an AL problem. If the thought of going without it makes you scared and nervous, you've got an AL problem. If it's effecting your relationships, well, you get the idea.
    NoSugar posted a wonderful link last night in the Newbie's nest. It speaks to the wide spectrum of where we all fall on the scale of AL Abuse....but we are ALL on the scale. I wasn't as bad as some people here, but I was in team photo. This is a progressive disease, just hang around for a couple years and you'll be surprised just how much worse it can get.
    This place is not necessarily for people who NEED to quit, it's for those who WANT to quit....we can help!! See the 2 links in my signature line! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Team photo

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
      I made excuses for AL for a lot of years before I just decided enough was enough. If AL is causing you a problem then you have an AL problem. If the thought of going without it makes you scared and nervous, you've got an AL problem. If it's effecting your relationships, well, you get the idea.
      NoSugar posted a wonderful link last night in the Newbie's nest. It speaks to the wide spectrum of where we all fall on the scale of AL Abuse....but we are ALL on the scale. I wasn't as bad as some people here, but I was in team photo. This is a progressive disease, just hang around for a couple years and you'll be surprised just how much worse it can get.
      This place is not necessarily for people who NEED to quit, it's for those who WANT to quit....we can help!! See the 2 links in my signature line! Byrdie
      Team Photo! Yes, I'm in the picture. And I need to REMEMBER ! This is such a great venue for honesty. Thanks for your wise words. I'll read the links.

Comment

n2q, here's the link posted by NS, a good read, and might help you sort through some of your feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Vervill View Post
          n2q, here's the link posted by NS, a good read, and might help you sort through some of your feelings.
          http://www.hipsobriety.com/home/2016...x39pmalfhv0o5k
          Thank you for this. I have been reading this website inside and out. Today I read about building my toolbox and to create a list of your current toolbox, healthy or not. This site has really helped me out on my feelings. I am on the spectrum, it is normal to say alcohol affects me a certain way, saying no to it does not make me a social pariah, this is an opportunity. Forget the labels. Time to expand your coping modalities. So I ordered a book she recommends and signed up for a class. I have been building some other skills over the last year. This is additive. A fail is not an excuse to wallow on it and lose sight of the progress I have made. Time to pick myself up and continue the building.

Comment

First step is recognizing there is a problem, then deciding to quit. Don't give up. And don't expect a miracle or to be perfect. I know I am a perfectionist and work on that issue.
            What I mean to say is if you don't get it right the first, 2nd... 10th time, don't stop trying.
            I am a huge advocate of the The Bubble Hour podcast. I just like to hear these ladies talk sense. And it doesn't matter if you are a light weight or can drink all night, if drinking makes you uncomfortable with who you become then it is time to stop.
            Note: we can't moderate so best to just accept it. That one took me a while.

You know it is rather a blessing your mentor said to you 'you can't see how drunk you were.' We can't see it, nope. We think we are fine.
            Been there, done that.
            Good news is you can do it, it is worth it and so are you.
            (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Working...
            X