June Newbies in Need Day 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all. Back from a good weekend away. Wow Iced, exceeding your goal, that is great. Hart and Rotrod - seems many of us have to experiment with mods. But you are both right back up again, so that is good! I'm doing ok on mods but had 3 on Fri when said would only have 2 so am beginning to wonder if more time af would not be best. Kitty, yes we are cheering for you so hang on to your previous progress and best of luck with the job.

Comment

Welcome back Louise, it's always good to hear from you.
      If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Thanks Rottrod - You are going to share all your new recipes right? I just realized i missed all of page 1 of this post! Hey Bluesky, I don't consider avoiding situations cheating at all. I've avoided several myself, like deliberately choosing a restaurant that does not serve any alcohol when we go out to eat even though the food is not as good. I have not yet been to a party. Janice, that was very restrained to have just 1. Evergreen, sounds like you did well with non-stop parties going on. Keep up the good work Diver, Marshy and Change!

Comment

Hi

This is my first message. Interesting program. I hope I can do it.:new:

Comment

:l Sandy,

Glad you found us, I look forward to getting to know you.

Kitty
            Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
            Confucius

Comment

Hi Janice, This is my first day on the site; I came looking for insperation and have found lots of it. Yours is especially interesting because I, like you, would love to find my way to moderation. If I use all the tools and decide my circumstance is to far advanced, oh well, I'll commit to abstaining... I'll be looking forward to hearing more of your sucess'

Comment

Hi everyone,

I am probably at the end of this thread as i am sure a new one will be started soon, but i just wanted to ask: has anybody ever experienced phantom alcohol smells or tastes? I have been af for 6 days.

Last night, i swear i smelled wine twice (and i didn't have any in the house or drink at all) and this morning i woke up with the taste of alcohol in my mouth, and i didn't drink last night.

This is weird. Has this happened to anyone else?
                One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Change I have never had that happen. When I used to drink tequila I could taste it for two or three days, but never if I had not drunk any. Wow if we could just bottle the taste without the junk it would be grand.

Comment

Welcome Sandy,
                    This is a great place, lots of great people and support.

rottrod

Comment

It's some sort of weird psychological glitch.

Now, i have got a scabies-like rash on my left wrist (yuk). I was reading books at a bookstore last night, holding them with my left had, and i am a bit worried i have caught something...

Geez, you give up alcohol and all these things start to happen. The phantom smells yesterday and taste this morning were fascinating.

No, i am not a hypochondriac, but am starting to sound like one
                      One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Welcome Sandy and Peter Pan. Glad you have joined us. Hope your first day is going well and you are having fun exploring. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Comment

Change I hope you weren't on that plane the other day with that TB lawyer, you might start coughing any moment . . . . just kidding.

Comment

Lol... I thought i had something else there for a minute, i am turning into a hypo!

Comment

Hi Newbies!

Well it's off to bed for me. DH was traveling. I usually go overboard when alone. Tonight I walked dogs and made a dessert for our dinner party (just neighbors) tomorrow. Drank 2.5 glasses of wine. Kept telling myself it's ok to finish the rest because I started the bottle almost 5 hours ago. Brushed my teeth. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Goodnight Ducky and good job

Comment

Working...
                                X