DAY 1 AND COUNTING ANYBODY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I think I've had enough of losing out to the demon drink. There's a half bottle of vodka in the freezer, same of wine in the fridge. Many times before I've poured them away on a Monday, only to buy them again the next weekend. I really want to stop this. Is anyone else counting this as Day 1, I'd love to hear from anyone who is taking this step at the same time as me. Good luck to us all. xx

Hi There Eyes,
    Welcome to MWO, this isn't my first day but I just wanted to say hi. I'm sure you'll soon meet lots of people on day 1 like you and those of us who've been here a while still remember how it feels and understand what you are going through.
    Suz
    Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Hi Eyes -

Day 2 here, so let's go! Read read read = that's a place to start. It's really exciting to think you can do it. I think we just have to visualize ourselves where we want to be and that make it happen. Staying with it seems possible with all the great people I've seen here. This is the place - we can do it!
      "Go Placidly Amid the Noise and Haste"

Comment

Hey mate,

Day 5... feeling a bit blah, but i think it's due to the cholocate binge i had today, but still better than lifing up the glass. So nice to focus on goals rather than drink.

Yep, i used to tip it down the sink as well, but this time, i really mean it, i hope.

You've just got to be careful that when you're feeling good, not to be tempted.

Anyway, way past my bedtime and i keep posting. You devil you. Lol.

Oh yes, go2goal, well done on the second day. Seriously, a day of not drinking is like a year at work.
        One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Hello eyes, it's not day one for me but I remember it well. Keep reading and posting
          if at first (like me) you don't succeed keep trying.
          Best wishes Paula.

Comment

Eyes- GREAT name! You sound focused which is a sure indicator you are ready to get this monkey off your back. The morning after an abs day feels way better than any buzz- esp. because the buzz led to the total drunk for me.

Check out DrinkTracker if you think it might be a helpful tool.

All the best!

Comment

Don't lose sight of the prize Eyes. And chocolate is ok. In fact, ANYTHING (that is legal) other than alcohol is better for you.

but don't forget the supps and good nutrition. they speed up the healing and make it so much easier on you and your body. (And we need all the help we can get!).
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Yes and no.

I made it to 30 something then drank yesterday. So I know how to abstain. It really wasn't hard. But the things that caused me to want to drink.....they came back and I didn't cope well.

I'm on Campral, really helps, are you on any meds?

Comment

Welcome eyesontheprize!!! Well I had my first drink yesterday after 42 days AF!! My goal is to drink weekends only and not the amount I was doing (a bottle a night). I would like to be happy and satisfied with 1/2 glasses, no more. So this is day 1 for me until Saturday night! Good luck eyes!! Janice
                  AF since 9 May 2012
                  Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hello eyesontheprize,
                    Day 2 for me. Didn`t think I could make it through Day 1, but I did last night, which tells me I can make it through tonight also. I wish you much success.

Starlight Impress

Comment

Thankyou so much

Just checked back in, heading into the evening of day 1, to find all your fantastic replies. Thank you so much. Starlight, I'm right behind you!. Gawd bless us every one! xx:thanks:

Comment

I'm with you Eyes

Melissa
                        If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

welcome....day 6 for me and am finding lots of support here...hopefully you will too...it is nice to find a place with people like you...the topa seems to be working for me....good luck and come back often:welcome: buck

Comment

Working...
                          X